My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Headache

I woke up with another one of my headache's. I hate it when I get these stupid headaches. I can literally feel my head throb with every movement of my neck. Hopefully the motrin will kick in soon.

My kids are on my every last nerve at the moment. I'm pretty sure that Zachary is being extra loud and annoying on purpose because he knows I'm not feeling well. I purposely went into the computer room this morning to get out of the chaos that was happening in the living room, and what does he do?? He sits in the living room and starts driving one his remote control cars right next to me. Now this really infuriated me, I got up, grabbed the controller, and asked Zachary why in the heck would he continue to do this crap when he knows I have a bad headache. Of course, Charlie tells me to take it easy. Just one of these days I would like to see him experience one of my days. Especially one where I wake up with a headache.

Typical Work Day Routine
  • Wake up at 5:45 to take shower
  • Get dressed and start doing hair
  • Attempt to wake up Zach at 6:20
  • Finish doing makeup
  • Attempt #2 to wake Zach up at 6:30
  • Get Thomas up and make him a piece of toast
  • Attempt #3 to wake Zach up at 6:40 (now I'm upset, he's running late)
  • Search everywhere for socks for Thomas as I'm dressing him
  • Tell Zach to get off his butt and get dressed, brush his teeth, and get ready. (Only 10 minutes left before we have to go.)
  • I begin to search everywhere because Zach claims to not have any clothes for school. Ironically, the night before when I asked if he had clothes to wear today, he said yes.
  • 7:05, sitting in car waiting for Zach to get his but out there, we are now 5 minutes late. I drive way to fast to get to daycare before Zach's bus gets there.
  • 7:15 I arrive at work. I'm stopped by every single person who works for me to fill me in on the issues they've encountered in the 15 minutes since the start of the shift.
  • 7:30 I get to my desk and turn on the computer to find about 15 new emails.
  • 8:00 production managers meeting for 45 minutes.
  • 8:45 attempt to start reading and answering the emails. I print the priority list, make modifications to the inspection and receiving metrics, and answer several phone calls for needed parts.
  • 10:00 one of the quality tech's comes to my desk with suspect components that may not be to IPC standards. I spend the next hour researching, taking pictures, and emailing the SQE on my findings.
  • 11:00 I finally have time to start working on inspecting components on the priority list. By now, all planners have emailed me or called to let me know they need these components asap.
  • 11:30 I take my lunch. Thank God!! I need to get out of the rat race.
  • 12:30 I'm back. It takes me another 30 minutes to get back to my desk. I am once again stopped by every single person who works for me to fill me in on the current issues they have encountered.
  • 1:00 Finally back to my desk, I work like hell to get the inspections completed for the components on my priority list.
  • 2:30 I discover that I don't have a print for one of the components on the list. I've looked it up in the drawing control module, it doesn't even exist. I get with the DOC control coordinator, she tells me I have to get with the business manager. I get with the business manager, he blows me off, too busy. I get with the planner to tell her the business manager has no intentions of ordering the print, that she will not be able to release her job because the components will be placed in NCM. The planner has a coronary. :D
  • 3:15 I finally make it back to my desk. The planner has notified the business manager that he WILL get us the required print and it WILL be as soon as possible.
  • 4:00 I shut the computer off at my desk and get the heck out of there while I still can.
  • 4:10 I pick my kids up at daycare and head home.
  • 4:20 We make it home and I begin to pick things up around the house and decided what I'm going to have for dinner. I check my email and read a little news and catch up on blogs to relax from the day.
  • 5:00 Charlie finally gets home from work. He decides he's going to go over to Rick's for a couple of minutes, but he'll be right back. (yah right.)
  • 5:30 I start making dinner. I finally decided on spanish rice. Easy to cook and doesn't take a lot of preparation. My kids are on my last nerve, I'm about ready to strangle them.
  • 6:00 Dinner is done, still no Charlie, Zach won't eat because he says he hates rice, so it's just Thomas and I. We sit at the counter and enjoy our meal. Zach is watching TV.
  • 6:30 Zach decides he's going to make popcorn. I tell him no way, he will eat what I made for dinner. He gets mad, storms away, and stomps outside. Still no Charlie.
  • 7:00 I've cleaned up 2 messes now, Thomas first got into baby wipes, then baby powder. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Zach has finally decided to eat, and made a huge mess in the kitchen. How hard is it to scoop some rice from a pan into a plate? He's mad at me because I'm making him clean up after himself.
  • 7:30 Charlie finally gets home. I'm ticked right off now. My nerves are frazzled, and I would choke him to death if I knew I could get away with it. He says to me 'I wasn't gone that long. What's the big deal?' (Resisting urge to wrap fingers around neck)
  • 8:00 I end the conversation and go to my room. I can take no more, I've given up. I watch TV for an hour or two and finally fall asleep.

Amazing. I've never really put one of my average days into words before. That's a lot of stuff! One person should not have to go through this day after day after day. But, there are people everywhere who do. (BTW, that was my Thursday schedule. I've had better days, and much worse days.)

6 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

you gave me a panic attack with the morning part...cuz i don't have kids...

i admire working mothers...you have double work...its gonna make me think twice next time i complain...

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

How convenient of Charlie to slip away for 2 1/2 hours when you need him the most...and at the end of the day, both parent and children are at the end of their ropes.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Trée said...

Sherri, after reading your post I discovered now I have this incredible headache I can't get rid of. I think I'm going to slip out for a couple hours to see if I can get rid of it. LOL

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm..... sounds pretty fishy to me. :P

5:33 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

How did you know I took my fishing rod and headed to the lake. Women's power of intuition always amazes me. :-)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

What can I say.... we are mystical creatures. :D Gotta love us.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons