My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Employment Agency

In June I had posted my resume on the Michigan Works site, not really expecting any outcome, but posting just in case.

Friday I was contacted by a woman who works at an employment agency because she has found my resume, and, was very impressed with it. My CMM skills, specifically.

I should be excited by this, but I'm not. I'm afraid that whatever the company is that has found my resume will offer me a job, and, therefore, take away my opportunity to go back to school.

I know how I am.

A job in hand is worth more then the possibility of a job in the future.

If I am presented with the opportunity, a job, especially one that pays me the same or more, I will take it in a heartbeat, and pass by, once again, an opportunity to continue my education.

Who knows, perhaps I'm just worrying over nothing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

No, don't take the job! Bomb the interview so you won't even be tempted.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Please concentrate on yourself for a while, you deserve to!!! You only go around once in this lifetime, after you get some schooling under your belt you will have way more job ops. Tell them thanks but no thanks!!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I say until you get a job offer in writing, you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Maybe you'll find a great job that will help pay for your education. You just never know.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Well, if they need more people can you let me know. I detest my job sometimes!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you must take the advice of Pheonix. I agree with his comment...

Recruitment Solution

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons