My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, September 22, 2007

2 Months to Go

If I hear one more person comment on how huge I am, I'm going to scream!

For the life of me I can't understand how some women just LOVE being pregnant, they come alive, they glow. From the minute they find out the good news they are just completely enraptured in it all.

I am NOT one of those women.

I am miserable, and crabby, and just wish each and every day to be put out of my misery. I hate my gigantic belly and I absolutely hate the fact that everyone feels the compulsion to comment on how 'big' I've become.

It's almost like a statement of shock.

I already KNOW how big I am, I do own a mirror. Must you people remind me every second of the day with each new conversation I have??

Yesterday I was in the main isle at work when one of my coworkers yelled out to me, from almost across the plant, commenting how I was really starting to 'pop out there'. Naturally, every eye in the vicinity was upon me. I wanted to die.

November 19th can not get here soon enough.

In other news: I found out this week that I have also developed gestational diabetes. Apparently the placenta can, in some women, block the mother's ability to make and use all the insulin in their body.

So far I am fortunate, however. I do not need to do insulin shots.

Let's just hope my luck is with me for the rest of the pregnancy. I am already on an almost starvation diet, I can not imagine having to intentionally give myself insulin shots on top of that.

One last tidbit of info: The lady from the employment agency did not call me back with the details as she had stated she would. While I find it completely unprofessional, I am a bit relieved as well.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Is is any consolation to know you at least look pregnant? When I was pregnant, I just looked fat.

12:11 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm with you Sherri - My mom WAS one of those gals who crowed about how "fun" it was to be pregnant... !!! NOT I.

I was huge, hot, barfy, miserable and did I say huge??? I wish you the fastest 54 days ever as you get to the baby-end of your term. Just imagine that moment when you get to lay flat on your belly again :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Who knows, maybe you'll be furthering your education. Maybe a lack of a call is a nudge in the right direction.

9:50 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Take care, gestational diabetes can be rough.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Teriana said...

I'd like to point out that the baby-gaga banner at the top of your blog mentions your water retention and cankles.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I can't imagine being pregnant. It scares the crap out of me.

8:36 PM  
Blogger riskybiz said...

Glad I'm a man!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Where the heck are you?

9:05 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Did you have the baby? My Sweetie's daughter was due November 25, but guess what? We got an early phone call today from Hawaii - the baby was born a month early! Mom and daughter are fine. Maybe you'll be lucky too Sherri and have your baby early!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Hi Sherri! Just checking in, I haven't blogged in a couple of months and noticed you haven't either. I hope everything is alright!

Ta Ta For Now...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Umm...HELLO! Anyone home???

*knocks on the glass*

Hope everything and everyone are O.K. Check in with someone when you get a minute, please???

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons