My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, July 18, 2005

Out Numbered

Standing on my front porch this evening I realized one very important thing. I am totally out numbered by boys. Zach had 2 friends over, Tony and Josh. Tony's mother had pulled into the drive, and she and her daughter had gotten out of the car to chit chat for a few until the boys got back from the field. (All afternoon they have been working on the 'totally awesome' dirt bike path.) That's when it hit me. There the 2 of them stood, talking about how they had found the cutest outfit today while shopping. I was envious. Because, here I stood, watching as my 10 year old and Josh pull into the driveway, Zach facing backwards with 2 lawn mowers, one in each hand, dragging behind the dirtbike. Clouds of dust trailing directly behind. Tony on the other side of the dust cloud, gas can and wagon trailing behind him. The 3 of them, acting all adult and cool, casually hop off the bikes and make their way up to us.

Speaking of which, Zach is going to be 11 on Wednesday!! Oh, I absolutely can't believe I'm the mother of an 11 year old. It just doesn't seem possible. I sometimes forget I'm 31 already. Where has the time gone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Sherri! You need to have a little girl. You and Charlie better get crackin!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons