My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, October 17, 2005

Something Just Isn't Right

I think someone was rifling through my work space last weekend. It's freaking me out. My calendar was on the floor, the fan was turned down low, and my revised inspection plan was not on the cork board where it was. I'm wracking my brain, but I can't remember if I put my smock on my chair or on my desk when I left Friday. I always throw it on my desk at the end of the day, it was on my chair when I came in this morning.

This isn't the first time I've noticed something like this, but it has been a really long time since it last happened. Only a few people actually have a key to my inspection area. Maintenance, one or 2 manufacturing engineers, the SQE, and the second shift managers. I can't understand why someone would want to come back here and hang out?? Yikes! They didn't use my computer, I shut it all the way down, and when it came back up this morning it still had my sign on info in it. Just too weird.

The last time I noticed this whoever had been back here had my smock and did God knows what with it. The sleeves were turned inside out on it. I threw it out and got a new one from materials. Ugh!!!!!

This just totally creeps me out.

16 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Sorry to freak you out, but it's possible to replace someone's sign in name after you use their computer. I do it all the time as a courtesy when I borrow someone's computer, but a person could certainly do so as a subterfuge.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I can always count on Jessica to make me feel warm and fuzzy. LOL

10:44 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

creepy...
i think its the cleaning lady...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Trée said...

Sherri, I always dust my area with baby power before I leave for the weekend. Makes a mess to clean up on Monday, but I always know if even a mouse has touched anything. I also place paper clips and pencils in key positions and then take a digital image to compare how I left things on Friday to how they look on Monday. Then I bought a phony webcam with a blinking light that makes it look like it's on and I place that on the top of my monitor with a note that the image is streaming back to my home computer 24/7 with reduntant backup copies stored on two types of media.

I've had no problems ever since. LMAO ;-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm.... those are some excellent ideas Trée. I'm definitely going to give that some thought. :D

The inspection area is actually located inside a caged in area. Not even the floor crew are allowed in to do the floors without someone there. Lots of expensive measuring devices and customer documents. It's just all very weird. I can just picture some wacko sitting at my desk wearing my smock and rifling through my stuff.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Crap, I didn't think you would notice! Yikes!!!
Jessica told me to do it though, so it's all her fault :).

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I don't know about dusting everything with baby powder...sounds messy.

I love the webcam idea though.

Maybe it's someone that wants to be like you...no, it's someone that wants to BE you. Watch out, you've got a psycho there at your workplace.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It's possible. Like that movie, I can't remember the name now, with Allie Sheedy. Freaky! She puts out an add for the room mate and the room mate tries to take over her life!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Wow that is kind of creepy -- I stopped by your blog and I like it. Got you from The Phoenixs' blog.

Where do you work? And yeah I would totally get a new smock if I saw that the sleeves were turned inside out - what the hell are people thinking??

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks jillian, you can stop by anytime you like.

I wish I knew what people were thinking!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Morris said...

It was me. Sorry ;)

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Well, Mr. Morris, I'm glad you at least owned up to it. :D

7:03 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Single White Female...

what a classic...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yes! That was the movie! Thank you, I've been trying to remember that title all day seahag.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Two confessions! One from gareth and one from morris. However, I can vouch for gareth, because I did indeed tell him to do it, and I paid for his overseas plane ticket, too. gareth, did you meet up with morris and wreak havoc at Sherri's desk??

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Maybe it wasn't Gareth but one of his brothers - either Agravain, Gaheris, or Gawain.

Funny, your Google Ad over there is for treatment of Migraines. Go figure!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons