My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, December 19, 2005

Bah Humbug

Have I mentioned how much of a Grinch I am? I wasn't always this way, I have somehow morphed into one over time. It's nights like tonight that slowly eroded away my Christmas spirit.

Overcrowded stores full of people looking for the 'last minute' gift. I couldn't get my cart down an isle to save my soul. It doesn't help that Charlie is such a crab, and rude, and so embarrassing. I can't believe I wanted him to go shopping with me, I must have lost my mind for a brief moment. After about the fifth "please don't embarrass me" I wanted to just kill him. He doesn't understand, of course, that it is not acceptable to say to man who is shopping "get your God damn cart out of the way asshole."

He is mad at me, right now as I type this, because I need to "lighten up" on things. I refused to shop with him anymore. I got in the jeep and asked where he wanted to go next. When he replied to me that he wanted to go to Mary's Tavern, I just gave up. What tiny little hope I had held out that I could somehow redeem the shopping experience was gone. He wasn't trying, why should I.

So, here I now sit, complaining in my blog. I feel like that's all I do these days.

5 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

Hope it cheers you up knowing you are helping me stay single!

11:26 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Sounds like rabbit needs a carrot. :-)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

We're not all that bad...

And that's what blogs are for... mine's one gigantic bitchfest!

Merry Christmas!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

At least Mary's tavern has a biblical/christmasy feel to it. There was a Mary in one of those stories, I'm pretty sure. I feel ya, er, feel for ya. It's tough being a single parent in a two parent relationship. Been there, done that. Keep the faith sister, keep blogging, things have a way of working themselves out all by themselves. The trick is keeping your sanity while waiting.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That totally sucks. Maybe next time you can get back at him by throwing yourself to the floor and screaming hysterically about how Christmas shopping should be fun and he's ruined it forever! You'd probably shock him into silence.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons