My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hmmmm.......

RH visited with us this morning, third time he's been in the area this week. Kind of makes me wonder.......

I am completely disgusted by the receiving girls again. One of them came over with a package of assorted chocolates and cookies and stuff and set it on my desk. She says to me "These came in not addressed to anyone, Jill said before we could keep anything that wasn't addressed to anyone." I just kind of looked at her. People just don't send stuff for the heck of it, there is always some kind of recipient, come on! So I asked her to get the box they were sent in. In big letters:

Attention Purchasing Department

I stared in disbelief. "It says 'attention purchasing department' right there. What do you mean they aren't addressed to anyone? This is a gift from one of our suppliers to the purchasing department, we can't keep this!" She had no understanding of what I just said. She just stood there looking at me. "This is a gift from a supplier. Don't think for a second they just send this stuff, they are working an angle. 2 days from now that supplier is going to contact our buyer and confirm they received the gift. They want to butter us up to continue receiving our business."

"Oh, I suppose your right," she responds. She walks away and I can hear her telling Mary that I am 'making' her give it to the purchasing department. That comment ticked me right off.

Greedy Greedy Greedy people. I am disgusted.

About a half hour later Julie comes in with a piece of biscotti and asks me if I would like it. Audrey had complained to the purchasing department that I had forced her to give them the goodies so they gave her a box of biscotti. She wouldn't have even shared it if Julie hadn't seen her with the fancy box, she had thought it was a Christmas gift.

Memories of the Halloween Candy Incident coming back to me.......



7 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

Why would someone eat something if they didn't know where it came from? Disgruntled employees, angry loved ones, whatever. Remember the anthrax scare? Just opening something and eating it, without knowing it's source...I think we teach our kids better than that.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

The sad thing is, these are adult women behaving this way. Ugh! Good grief! Have a little class and dignity in yourself.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Class is an outdated concept for most, it seems. I know a few people that actually have it, and it has nothing to do with how much money they have or make. Sometimes I look at people and wonder "Who raised you?"
Sherri, you seem to have it. I write something a bit off and instead of condemning me, you supported it, said it was not for you, but to keep writing. That's class. Still sick, so might be way heavy on the compliments today. My guy rudeness factor is not in operation today, lol.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The people you work with are children in adult bodies. I don't know how you can stand it. That kind of stuff doesn't happen where I work.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hope your feeling better soon Thomas. :) You can keep up the compliments, however, the guy rudeness thing is highly over rated. LOL

Jessica, I often wonder that myself. It's not always the easiest thing in the world to do.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

That's really incredible. Talk about childish behavior. Maybe this receiving girl played in dirt with high lead content or something.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

His Royal Heighness Prince Charles was there, huh?! LOL :-P
Just bang their heads together, I doubt it will do much good though :)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons