My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, December 12, 2005

Just one big happy family

(as told to me by Helen)

When asked how her weekend was, Helen went into great detail telling me how enjoyable it was. She spent time with her great grandchildren, they went carolling with the church..... etc. I thought it was kind of cute, so I asked about the ages of her great grandchildren. That is when things began to pop out of the woodwork.

Apparently, Helen's son married the woman who used to live with Helen's husband's father. The great grandchildren? They are the offspring of Helen's father-in-law and her now daughter-in-law. I almost couldn't believe my ears as she went on with the tale.

It's a little scary, actually. I could almost hear the song from 'Deliverance' playing in the background as she spoke.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I hate trying to figure out sentences like that! Geesh could you not have kept it simpler so us little people could understand it ;-)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Poor Gareth.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yes mergrl, stick with #10. I don't think I can even remember how everything turned out the way it did.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'm thinking Ray Stevens' song "I'm my own grandpa"

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons