My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

  • I often wonder why it is, the older I get, the less often I can keep my thoughts to myself. I had to call the Trade Adjustment people the other day to have them send me more paperwork. The woman I spoke with was an absolute Bitch! Rude, short tempered, and just an all-around discredit to society. So, what do I do? I say to her "Boy, you really aren't very friendly, are you." Big mistake! Never wise to piss off a woman who is solely responsible for making sure you get the paperwork to continue to receive unemployment funds and school tuition. If I don't receive anything by Wednesday, I'm going to call back and ask to speak with someone in charge.
  • Being poor has opened my eyes to a whole other side of life that I was unaware of. Sure, I knew it was there, it's hard not to spot the welfare mom with 5 dirty kids fighting over a bag of candy in the check-out line, but I didn't really realize just how dificult it is. I have been so used to a certain lifestyle that it is hard for me to not be able to have and do the things I used to. I've become an expert coupon clipper, quite by accident I must admit. While watching Good Morning America I happened to see a segment on the 'Coupon Mom', a woman who had created a site disigned specifically for people like me, people who want to make their every penny count.
  • I've decided to start making weekly resolutions. Who needs New Year's, you never keep those resolutions anyway. This weeks resolution is to start putting 10% of all our earnings in a savings account and NOT touch it. Harder said then done. I've always had a savings account, but it is my new resolution to start adding to it all the time. Not just when tax time rolls around or we have a few extra bucks for some reason. I happened to see a news segment last week that was geared toward low income families and the programs out there geared toward creating a savings strategy for them. Next weeks resolution is to research and find out what kind of programs my family is qualified for. On the news segment, the woman had a savings account that was actually matched, penny for penny, by the government. Who knows, maybe I qualify for something like that.
  • I really, REALLY hate snow. Unfortunately, I think the snow is here to stay for a while. Even as I sit here, typing this, I look outside and see a veritable blizzard in progress. Ugh!
  • Lastly, I can't believe my little Hannah is going to be one on Wednesday. Has it already been a year?? The time flew by so fast, where did it go? One day she was a tiny little newborn and the next? Six teeth, devilish green eyes, always where she shouldn't be and never where she should....... She's a wild woman in a pink sleeper. I don't think I would have it any other way, either.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzzi sayz said...

lol that was greatt

=]


keep postin

8:23 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I could learn a thing or two reading your blog.... being unemployed is the pits. Hang in there... I don't envy you all that snow.

My Hannah has green eyes too... only she is 30 now :D

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons