My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, July 28, 2008

The older I get.....


....the more I become like my grandma.

Charlie brought home a wrought iron plant stand today. Nothing fancy, just something he picked up from Rick's property that has literally been sitting in the elements since the day he died 6 years ago.

Immediately upon seeing the thing I was envisioning a nice coat of black paint and potted plants filling every nook.

I didn't even make it a half hour before I was headed to town in search of plants to fill my stand.

My grandma was a lover of flowers and plants, every house we ever lived in had elaborate flower beds and gardens and even a few potted plants on the dressers and stands. When I was 9 she made me a flower garden of my own full of poppies and bachelor buttons and irises.

Perhaps that is precisely why I love my flowers so much now. Every time I look at them I feel a piece of her is still with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I know I should have posted a picture of my plant stand instead of the flowers on my front porch, but I don't have any of the plant stand yet. :D

I'll be sure to post one when I get it. Until then, you can enjoy my front yard folliage as well.

9:50 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Ha ha, I just spent 10 minutes looking for the wrought iron plant stand... LOL I'm so happy to know I'm not losing all my marbles. Your plants are lovely.

My Grandma also taught me a love of plants, bulbs, flowers... and how to can the fruit from her trees. How lucky are those of us who have had a Grandma to teach us those special things to remember years later after Grandma is gone.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

LMAO I was looking for it too!!! Thanks for helping me waste 2 minutes searching in the picture for a non-existent plant stand. I was thinking to myself 'dang that woman can hide things!'
My granny was always in her garden too. She loved that garden. Loved to be creative in it. I can picture her in it now :-)

I'm away to place my head in a bucket of cold water now to see if it kicks my brain into gear again ......

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons