My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Bye Bye Bubba

In a recent development, my little Princess Hannah has decided she doesn't want her bubba anymore. Only 1 year and 2 weeks old and she has tossed her bottle aside.

I can't really believe it, actually.

I was in the kitchen doing a few dishes when, from the corner of my eye, I see her toss her bottle into the trash.

"What are you doing silly?" I asked her, laughing a little. With a great big smile she just takes the bottle and throws it into the trash. "No, no, no, you can't throw your bubba into the garbage," I tell her.

She has obviously decided otherwise.

From that moment forward she has whined exclusively for her sippy cup. I think I may have an independent little genius on my hands.

I just hope potty training goes as smoothly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh, I'm sure it will, she has proved since she was born that she has been on this earth before. Girls are so easy to potty train. My daughter decided one day that she didn't want the diaper any more and was day and night trained ever since... Hannah will too.

Oh and I was reading the mother-in-law post and there really is no pleasing people like that. They are not worth your time and effort. You will never be good enough, smart enough, thin enough...etc. the list goes on. The best thing you can do is know in your heart that you are doing a great job raising wonderful loving children who don't ever need to feel judged. You are a great caring mom. You have done the very best you can with your husband. Just know that you are very well thought of depite what your monster-in-law would like you to believe!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I've always heard that about potty training girls. My friend Amy is the proud mother of an exception to the rule. So there you go. Hannah is going to be a breeze b/c we've already identified the exception to the rule, and she's not yours. ;)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

I really hope that when she decides to throw her potty into the trash can that there isn't any wee or poo still in it! Yikes! :-P





p.s. I know you went "EWWWWW" at that ;-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Ha ha - how have I missed your blog for so long? It it decidedly refreshing, and although I get ahead of myself, I wish I had been reading sooner because I was laid off Sept. 11, and would have appreciated a sympathetic situation. Reading your comments makes me laugh - especially Gareths LOL.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons