My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Playing Hookey

I played hookey from work yesterday. Now, I feel guilty. Everyone was concerned for me, and worried here at work. It is so unlike me to just not show up for work without forewarning anyone, they were certain something terrible had happened to me. Yikes!

Not once did anyone notice I have a slight sunburn. (From laying in the sun yesterday.) Nor, did anyone notice I actually walked through the door today with a smile on my face, which I almost never do anymore. I feel as though I have to force myself to continue on.

I'm in that place I was in when I was 17. It feels like I'm being suffocated by life sometimes. I wrote a poem one time, a pretty good poem actually, about wishing I had never been born. I didn't actually come out and say I wished I had never been born, but, it was implied. I handed it in as a class assignment, and got a really good grade on it actually. When I showed it to my Grandmother, she became horribly upset with me. She took the poem, and put it away so she could show my mother the next time she came down. Of course, my mother being the center of the universe, took the poem to mean that I had wanted to go back home and live with her. She couldn't have been further from he truth. I ended up taking the poem, and burning it in the woodstove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons