My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, May 20, 2005

My Twin

I wonder if she gets the same thing that I get. "Hey, didn't I just see you?" I get that all the time. Most recently, NT in the school parking lot yesterday. But, it has happened so many times before. A couple of months ago in Claire's. One of the girls said to me "Didn't I just see you in here?" And, she was talking to me about something 'I' had looked at. Of course, it wasn't me. I had been shopping with Zach and Thomas all morning. She had me confused with my twin. One of these days, I would love to meet her. One time Charlie seen her in Burger King. It was a couple of years ago now. He said he was in line, and he was certain I was a couple of people ahead of him. He almost went up behind her and grabbed her provocatively. He said her hair, her shape, everything looked just like me. Even the voice and laugh. It freaked me out when he told me, because, then I knew positively this woman did in fact exist. From as far back as about 19 years of age I've had people, various people, some I knew, some I didn't, tell me they had seen her. Back then, she worked at Ponderosa and I worked at Wal Mart. There were many a customer that would come in and swear they just saw me at Ponderosa. Neil A. several times had come in and told me all about her. I'm pretty sure he told her about me.

My grandmother told me when I was 18 years old that my Dad had an affair of some kind, and that it was rumored that he had another child out there, somewhere, a girl. She would be 1 year older then I am. I can't help but wonder if this twin of mine isn't that girl. Could it be possible that the striking similarities between us are all traits inherited from my father? One of these days, I just have to meet her. I know when I do, I'll probably think, now how in the heck can people think we are that much alike? We are nothing alike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons