My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sufficiently Rude

My position at work has definitely affected my personality. I realized this morning while telling a coworker that I had been "sufficiently rude enough" to get my point across. I had never really thought about it before, but, I have varying levels of rudeness for varying people.

  • Raised eyebrows and look of annoyance - one of the engineers has blown me off, and I've hunted them down to let them know either they take care of the issue, or I will go to their boss.
  • Irritated look off to one side - I don't agree with what is happening, but I'll let it go because it's not worth arguing over. This situation, however, will be brought up again in future conversations.
  • Loud exclamation of 'Are you on crack?' - The Director of Operations has just asked me to do the impossible, and will be back in 20 minutes to check on my progress.
  • Sarcasm wrapped in a smile and a laugh. (My favorite! Like, today, Dave comment on how the Stryker cables were still in FAR Pending, and I replied "not all of us have the luxury or sitting around trying to find things to keep ourselves busy, like you Dave.", after which, I smiled big and laughed a bit.)
  • Emotional outburst to boss. - (I really can't help but be emotional.) Something needs to be done this instant!!!
  • Over the top nice voice, speaking slowly - You complete moron. What were you thinking! I need to speak to you like a child or else you will not understand how much of an idiot you are.

6 Comments:

Blogger Big O said...

Do you work for General Dynamics? Me too! How random is this? I work in Logistics at Sterling Heights (SLC).

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

OMG!! What are the odds of someone else out there going by the name 'Big O'!

Nope, definitely don't work for General Dynamics.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double OMG!! That makes three "BIG Os"

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey, wait a second. You've loudly asked me if I'm on crack before.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Big O said...

I'm detecting just a hint of sarcasm here. In case you're wondering (which I'll admit is unlikely) my nickname stems from the first letter of my last name, the fact that I have a little brother who until recently was much smaller, and the fact that we both participated in Track & Field in high school. I hate that custom where people call you by your last name and people didn't prounounce Otlowski right anyway, so they started just calling us Big O and Little O.

Sorry for wasting a minute of your life if you read this (lol).

3:50 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Coincidentally enough, my maiden name begins with 'O'. For years, before I was married, I was referred to as 'O' where I work. Even though my last name is now Sanders, several people still call me 'O' whenever they see me.

As for the 'Big O' thing, one of my husbands friends just spent the weekend up here, and, get this, he has gone by 'Big O' for as long as I've known him. His last name is Omey, and, he's a big guy. I'm just astounded that I've come across another individual who also shares that nick name. So cool.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons