My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, September 23, 2005

Little Hitler, as she prefers to be called

I have just heard some sad news. It's taken me all morning to accept it, actually.

Yesterday Elizabeth had an appointment with the trustee of her bankruptcy and she asked me to keep good thoughts in my mind for her, she was hoping to be able to convert her bankruptcy over finally so she could retire. So, as she was walking out the door on Wednesday, I crossed my fingers on both hands and told her I was wishing her luck.

Today she comes in and tells me to read the email on her screen. So, I do. She is retiring on October 14th. I was sad and happy at the same time, I couldn't believe it. I'm going to miss her. The scathing looks when she doesn't approve of my outfit. The beady eyes peering at me from behind a pile of boxes when I'm chit chatting in the receiving department. The corned beef sandwiches she would bring in once in a while because she knows I love corned beef. Her daily chats about what we're having for dinner. I'm going to miss her so much.

Now, the tough part begins. I posted a req. for her position. Replacing her is not going to be easy. It's not an easy job that we do back here, and I have only 3 weeks to get the req. approved, interview applicants, select someone, and train.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now now Sherri. Be a little more charitable towards Elizabeth. She is a good friend of yours, LOL.
Maybe she will take pity on you and stay another year!
Corned beef ....... yummy. I can almost smell them now.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I don't think I could get her to change her mind if I bribed her with a million dollars. I know, it is selfish of me to even want her to stay. She's 73. She deserves to enjoy the rest of her years.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

With a million dollars you could bribe ME to come over and carry on her work. I'm not fussy, I'm easyyyy, haha. But I won't work for peanuts! Throw in the occassional corned beef sanny and I will let you keep the peanuts.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

a million dollars and corned beef sandwiches??

Let's not get to carried away not! LOL

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No you are right - maybe a million dollars worth of corned beef would be better!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I'm job hunting, and wouldn't mind a move.

I would have to get Justin to make the corned beef though, but he is a great cook.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm...... I'll bet you would make a great inspection person. Of course, the offer of corned beef seals the deal. :D

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons