My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Work Place Nemesis

Everyone has a work place coworker who they know wants to see them fail. They want to see you demoted down to the job of toilet scrubber so they can shit on the toilet and make you clean it up.

My work place nemesis is Dave. A majority of his evil deeds stem around the fact that he is absolutely intimidated by the credibility and respect that I have earned. (You really don't see it here, but I'm really a totally different person when I'm at work.) Dave will always be the first to try and rub something in when he thinks he has one over on me. Most of the time, however, I already know about it first and have attended more then one meeting on the topic. Because I'm a bitch, I will wait until he gets entirely through his little presentation of telling me about his wonderful new task or duty and then dash his self esteem by comments like "oh yah. The engineer sent me an email on that surface mount flat pack part. I told him I didn't have time to research it. Looks like you inherited it! {laughter on my part})

So, today was no exception. Dave comes back all in an authoritative huff telling me about some labels that were coming in to his attention that he just wasn't going to be able to sign for because he was involved with the QBR. I, of course, waited until he was done telling me about how he would present his material. Then I zinged him. "I'm going to have to get with one of the girls then because I can't sign for them either. I have to present at the QBR too." He just stared at me. It was really funny actually. He was almost positive he finally had one over on me.

This is the beautiful part. This is the part that makes me look horrible and catty, but I don't care. I ended up being the first person to present. I had 5 slides that I had to talk to and the VP and staff asked several questions, all of which I had complete knowledge of and was able to answer in decent detail. I felt ok with how things went, and I was eager to see how Dave did. Dave had 1 slide. It had to do with NCM material (non conforming material - Gareth). The minute he started speaking RH asked him to brief everyone on the new process in receiving. He got part way through and lost it. He didn't even have a clue how the process went. So, out of kindness actually, I bailed him out and spoke to the symix portion of the receiving process that governs that action. That led to a side bar conversation on a way to refine the symix screen, and on to the next slide. Dave didn't even get to finish.

I know, shame on me because I'm happy he didn't show well! But, this guy is always trying to beat me at everything!! Damn Dave and his evil ways...... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (maniacal laughter)

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

Hee hee! Good for you!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons