My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Popularity

Popularity is such a ridiculous thing. Why is it that in order to feel good about one's self, that person feels the need to make someone else feel terrible? I just don't get it. I probably never will. And, it never ends. It doesn't matter how old you get, or how much money you have, or don't have for that matter. I am almost guaranteed that when I am 90 years old living in that senior assisted living center that my kids check me into there will be some other 90 year old resident who will be cruising around making fun of everyone else.

I no longer care about popularity, or whether or not everyone else likes me anymore. I am myself, like it or leave it. I do have a list of people whose opinions do matter to me, and I take them into great consideration. They would be my genuine friends, my family, my coworkers and the people who work for me. These people see me everyday, through thick and thin, and don't care that I have faults, or say the wrong thing from time to time, and pretty much like me just the way I am.

6 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

Good call...so true about the assited living...
my mom volunteers at one of those richy rich assited living places, and there are these old debutante ladies there that gossip and make everyone feel bad...one day this lady told my mom, "dear, go get a brain, then come back here"
Hilarious!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Sometimes the older you get, the worse you are! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you are in that care home with Phats then may God have mercy on your soul. He'll be the one cruising around. Seahag will already be dead by that stage, j/k.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm pretty sure Phat's will have been killed off by his 4th wife for his life insurance before I end up in the care facility. :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

His first three wives will be wondering why then didn't think about if first!

1:52 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Amen sister.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons