My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Posting

The first thing out of Mr. Brown Star's mouth as he entered the production managers meeting this morning was "I want to know how Elizabeth is out the door one day and you have it posted already!" He's looking right at me. I crinkle up my nose and open my eyes really big. He's upset.

"I don't know......" I was at a loss for words. He then continued to tell me that he's lost 8 people and he doesn't have a single req. approved. "I gave my req. to [director of operations] and he signed it. I don't know what to tell you guys."

"Well, that explains it....." he said and looked off. I was a little hurt, I followed the same process everyone else did. I can't even begin to know why mine was approved and theirs weren't. He dropped the subject at that and it wasn't brought back up until the director of operations decided to join the meeting. He had a round table to ask everyone what their concerns were. Mr. Brown Star immediately brought up staffing. I was horrified at the response he got. It was the director of operations' call and he decided not to sign his staff req.'s. He stated that without hesitation.

I felt horrible. There is nothing worse then feeling like you have been singled out in any way or given privileged treatment to place you above your peers in their presence. A couple of them looked right at me after this statement. I kept a straight face and looked straight ahead. I knew exactly what they were thinking. I would have been thinking the same thing.

Office politics. It's a really crappy way to start the day. And, I woke up with another headache too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

When did you start sleeping with the director of operations?

1:06 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Jessica LMAO! Repeat, ROTFLMFAO! Jessica, you made my day. Sorry, Sherri, I'm not laughing at your situation, but you have to admit that was damn funny. ;-)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Oh Sherri, that just sucks. But tree is right, Jessica's response is a classic.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Jessica, I thought you were my friend! LOLOLOL!!!

That is an interesting thought though. I wonder what I could get away with if I actually was. (No, I'm not actually considering doing such a thing.)

3:21 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Ha Ha Ha, Jessica...

now is the time to get that raise...

2:17 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, I'll have to pull out my sequined bra!! I've always wanted a reason to wear a black sequined bra to work.

Yes, madman, more to the story then this. I wish I could explain the entire situation from 3 years ago to today, but I can't.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sequined bra? Shall we start calling you Posh Spice? You'll have to rename the original Reptron Spice Girl to "Scary Spice."

9:31 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! You're on a roll jessica. :D

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons