My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, November 17, 2005

WTF!

It is an embarrassment that I live in probably the most inept and unprepared county in the United States.

All day yesterday there was a winter storm advisory. We knew about it hours before the snow even started. Finally, around 6:00 last night we began to see snowfall that was accumulating on the ground. Naturally, it snowed all night, and I woke up to about 7 inches of snow. No big deal, really.

You would think, knowing that we were due to be hit with an accumulation of snow, the road crew would be out clearing the roads and sanding to prevent ice.

Not the case!!

How sad is it that my county was so unprepared for the first cumulative snowfall to hit the area that they had to close school today because of road conditions.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Good lord. Are the road crews in Otsego county normally out that early? With budget cuts over the past few years, I'm tellin' ya that they hardly even try in my county anymore. The overnight skeleton crew (one truck!) is out until 7 A.M. Roads are always pretty bad until 9 A.M. or so, which is how long it takes the day crew to make any headway -- unless the bad weather continues.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Nobody was out at all. They were just beginning to plow the roads when I went to work today.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Lol! Your Google ad is for WeatherBug and reads "Severe Weather Updates: Live Streaming Weather Reports Forecasts and More For Any Region."

12:33 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Wow! 7 inches of snow already???

I miss snow days...but so scary to try to drive on unplowed roads!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You know, Sherri, I can't believe I forgot to mention that I woke up with just a light dusting of snow on my car today. :) I really enjoy living outside the snowbelt. (Sure, it snowed three more inches by 10 A.M., but that's totally beside the point.)

5:13 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Snow - that is why I live in California. I prefer sun :-)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons