My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things I learned today at work

  • Never ask one of your employees to clarify anything that you happen to overhear. As I was walking past Audrey, I heard her say something about 'pitching something'. So, I innocently ask, what are you going to pitch? Her response, she's pitching her underwear because it's stuck up the crack of her ass. I laughed, told her how grateful I was that she shared that little tidbit of info, and tried to sneak away.
  • When kidding around with your employees about their work habits, try not to get too in depth in conversation. You hear things that you absolutely don't want to know. I now know that the new woman, Sherry, is dating her old boss where she used to work. We all laughed and I started kidding around and told her I was married. She said "so is he." Yikes!
  • When you wear a turtleneck to work, everyone assumes you are hiding a hickey. John says to me "Sherri, why the turtleneck?" I reply "It's cold outside." He laughs a sinister little laugh.
  • It never ceases to amaze me the things Helen comes up with. Today I found out she loves Bruce Lee movies. Owns a million of them. She's a 65 year old great grandmother, for some reason I pictured her watching Disney movies.

Funny Moment of the Day: Joe peeks over the wall and tells John he needs him. John starts ripping his smock open and states "Sorry ladies, I'm outta here." All of us laughing, I offered to let John borrow my turtleneck, he might be needing it more then I do.

7 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

coworkers ruin an otherwise wonderful experience. they should all just kill themselves...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is going to get confussing now with all these Sherrie's and Sherry's running around :-). Geesh life is never simple lol.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You mean the guys there have to wear smocks? Remember Walgreen's? Guys got to wear vests, which looked way better than the stupid smocks women had to wear. Unfair!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I'm still trying to picture an old lady watching Bruce Lee movies.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Just imagine how boring things would be without the coworkers though seahag.

You have no idea exactly how confusing that gets around here Gareth!

Ugh! I hated those smocks at Walgreens! Fortunately, here, everyone gets to look like an idiot. LOL

So am I phoenix, so am I.....

1:14 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Your co-workers sound like an ecclectic mix. Must be fun to have adult time. Some day, I might get a job. Wait, think again...no.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Ecclectic mix, that's an excellent way to put it. You're right, there is definitely a little bit of everything mixed in there.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons