My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thomas the Terrible

Present Central in my house is my walk-in bedroom closet. Everything under the sun is tucked away in there. Very sneaky on my part, my kids are always in my bedroom.

This morning while I was getting ready for work I heard the faint sounds of a fire engine coming from somewhere. Standing for a moment, trying to figure out what exactly it was that I was hearing, I peek out the bathroom door and see the light to my closet is on, and the mischievous little voice of Thomas yelling "It's Santa, Santa's here". He had found my stash!

I hurried into the bedroom just in time to see him going crazy looking in all the bags. It took every last ounce of strength I had just to tear him out of the closet. Kicking and screaming, I managed to get him downstairs, I had absolutely crushed his little soul. I have never in my life seen him cry so hard. I tried to tell him that the gifts in the closet were for Carter, that Santa would be back on Christmas day. Between gasping breaths he just keep saying "Not Carter, for Thomas."

He was still broken hearted when I dropped him off at daycare this morning. He says to Kathy as he climbs up on her lap, tears still in his eyes, "I can't like Santa Kathy."

Another holiday related tragedy at the Sanders'. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

oh, my...he is gonna guilt you into giving him that fire engine!!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I have to admit, I've been giving that idea some serious thought! LOL

10:15 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh MAN! That SO blows! My son did something similar when we lived in Italy. We had very little funds, very few gifts and my 2 year old son found the very little stash. I gave him one gift to shut him up and make him forget all the rest of the stuff. It worked!

I wish you luck! You are gonna need it. Merry Christmas!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Merry Christmas to you too Big Mama! Glad to hear others have been in the same boat as me. :D

10:35 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

My siblings and I were so good at ferreting out "Santa's" stash at our house, my parents began keeping the stash at a nieghbor's house...

Poor guy though... I feel for him! (Great name, too BTW!)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

You are breaking my heart. Poor little guy. Give him the biggest of hugs. I told my kid he cannot go downstairs to the basement, it's unsafe and I will get very angry if he does. I think we have it covered until christmas.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

The lady I used to work for had an old car in the garage and kept all the gifts in the trunk, locked!!! I always thought that was a great idea... Wish I had more for you.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I was hoping the fact that he was only 3 would detour him from the carnal need to seek out those presents. LOL I was so wrong!!

thomas, you're son is going to grow up with a phobia of the basement now. You have probably scarred him for life! LOL (note to self: if I buy a new house, it must have a basement)

big mama - excellent idea! I have more stuff in the back of my jeep right now. I think I'll leave it right where it is.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I thought about leaving it in the car, but then..what if someone broke into it? Talk about a bummer christmas....and have not used the word bummer in about 25 years...so I am very happy with myself right now...lol...

4:20 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It's always a joy when you can use the word bummer in a sentence. LOL

I guess I'm fortunate enough that I live in an area where I don't have to worry so much about stuff like that. Heck, I can't remember the last time I actually locked the doors to my jeep.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons