My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Words of Wisdom from my Grandma

I can vividly recall sitting on the counter top in the kitchen chatting with my Grandma as she cooked dinner. Everyday I did this. Not once did I ever pay any attention to what she was doing, ever. She would tell me constantly "You know Sherri, you're never going to find a man if you can't cook and keep a clean house!"

Of course, I would laugh, inwardly thinking to myself, what kind of guy is out there ogling my cooking abilities! I'm pretty sure the first thing on a guys mind when he sees a female isn't 'oh my God! Now that one looks like she can cook a pot roast!'

Why the trip down memory lane you may be asking? Today on my lunch I decided to run home and put a pot roast in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I took the roast out of the fridge and grossed out at the blood in the bottom of the container. I used a knife to lift it out of the container because I can't touch raw meat and grossed out when the roast made a splat sound in the crock pot. I opened a packet of onion soup mix, dumped it on the roast, and filled the crock pot with water.

This is the first time I've ever made a pot roast. Unsure if I have done it correctly or not, I decide to ask Julie how she cooks her roasts. She starts by telling me she browns it and a bunch of different stuff. Oops, I think to myself. I should have been paying attention to my Grandma when she was trying to teach me how to cook!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well at least you will know why C, Z and T are being sick tomorrow haha, j/k. :)
And hello to everyone who listened to my tunes earlier :-)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I still remember how in college you would make me form the hamburger patties b/c you wouldn't touch raw meat. :) Have you considered vegetarianism??

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Well, I just got home, and it smells yummy! Let's just hope it tastes ok. (fingers crossed)

LOL You would bring that up Jessica!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Crock pot. The all day microwave. Easy to cool, really hard to screw it up. My older kids still laugh at me as I was boiling water and somehow the burner under the pan caught on fire. They were amazed I could start a fire with water. We eat out a lot. LOL.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I am so with you on this!! My boy has to take any meat off the bone for me before I eat it, and touching raw meat ... not a chance that will EVER happen!!!!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I myself am a culinary genius.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I once caught a hot pad on fire, I can totally see how that would happen Thomas. LOL

I hear you Angela!

ranger tom, you'll have to give me some cooking tips.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

So how did the pot roast taste? I heard it smelled yummy. :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It turned out really good! I was happy. Charlie finished off the entire roast when he got home last night.

12:26 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

You're doing pretty good...I can't cook. and I have never even used nor been in the same room as a crock poT!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! 1 up on seahag!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons