My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, November 05, 2007

Loss of Identity

Today is my official first day of..... Of what, exactly?

Am I a homemaker now? Should I refer to myself as unemployed? I haven't officially started school yet, that comes in January, so I can't call myself a student....

Funny how, over the course of one weekend, I go from full time gainfully employed to a great big question mark. This is going to take some time to get used to.

My last day of work was Friday, quite possibly one of the most miserable work days of my life. (That's quite a feat, I must say, considering how many miserable work days I've had the misfortune to endure in the past.) So many people visiting my desk to relay their goodbyes, so many tears shed as they recounted the past experiences we'd shared in our tenure together.

I never shed a single tear. I felt harsh and callous, but I refused to let Kimball break me. Instead, I cracked jokes and expressed every last bitter thought or feeling I have ever felt but kept hidden because of my job.

I have to say, it did feel pretty good.

I even told Deb I was surprised they ever left her in charge because she can't handle the pressure and freaks out at the drop of a hat.

Aaaaaahhhhhh....... talk about a weight off the shoulders.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I say that since you're registered for five courses, you're a full-time student -- although, believe it or not, "unemployed" looked better on a credit-card application. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Or how about "Sherri the Great, future queen of the world?"

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

How did you used to say it? "My name is Sherri the Great, but you may call me Your Excellency?" Ah, memories. All the way back to eighth grade.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmmm..... Sherri the Great does have a certain ring to it. Future Queen of the World sounds pretty good too. LOL

3:07 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Bout time you are back. We missed you Sherri the Great!

10:30 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Best of all things to you as Hannah makes her debut into this big old world of ours... wishing you the easy road.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

"S the G" Definately has a good ring! I have missed you. Now that you are a full time student I do hope you will post more! I can't wait to see the pics of Hannah whenever she decides to make her debut. We haven't seen the boys in a very long time either... You have some catching up to do *heehee*

Just make sure you relax and enjoy your time right now, you SO deserve it.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I bet it felt good to let out some truth on your last day. See it as cheap therapy.

I hope all goes well the final days before the baby comes.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons