My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 08, 2005

What a Weekend

I am determined to not let this week end up like last week! I definitely need to get my computer fixed........so much stuff happened last weekend and I didn't have access to my blog!

  1. My husband's friend Rick left his wife. I was in complete shock. I couldn't believe it. Apparently he was tired of her nagging him all the time about money, and their lack of it. (That's one thing about money, it's the root of all evil.) So, he packed up a few things, grabbed the tent, and started camping out behind Rusty's garage. Rusty offered to let him stay in his trailer, but Rick said he was just fine sleeping out in the tent. (Rusty lives down state and only comes up on the weekends.) Per Rick, he and Krista have just been 'friends' for the past 10 years anyway. Such a weird situation. Just Saturday, I received an invitation in the mail for a candle party that Krista is holding. So, Jessica if your reading, do you feel like going to a candle party on the 13th? :)
  2. Got my jeep back, brakes working good, universal joint replaced. It 'shimeys' now when I'm driving down the road. I'm going to have to bring it back to get a front end alignment. Not looking forward to that. This mechanic is very knowledgeable, but he creeps the heck out of me.
  3. Thomas (he's so cute!) looked at an older woman at Ponde'gross'a on Sunday and starts yelling "geema! geema!" Then runs over to the woman. I was so embarrassed, I had to run after him to get him back. He thought it was his grandma. The lady laughed so hard. She really got a kick out of it. It reminded me of the time Zach and I were in the gas station and this scraggly old man walked in and got in line behind us. Zach got so excited, he started yelling 'it's Santa mom, it's Santa'.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

The love of money is the root of all evil.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh no! I have to be in the U.P. that weekend for a family reunion. I can't believe it! I have a Home & Garden party on the 18th (a Thursday) in Inidian River, though, if you're interested. :) Bob's cousin Martha is giving it at her new house, which I haven't seen yet.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Actually, I really think it's money that is the root of all evil, not the love of it. If you don't have it, you can't survive. If you do have it, you never have enough. If you have more then enough, it changes you. Greed, jealousy, hate.............it all goes hand in hand.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Gotta disagree. Money itself is just a lifeless object, neither inherently good nor evil. It's not until people do something good or bad with money or for money that goodness or evil is apparent.

If you love money too much, you won't be generous with it. You'll go to wicked lengths to obtain it. All evil seems to be traceable to the love of money (according to the saying).

If you are generous with your money, you can accomplish a lot of good things with it. (But no one says, "Generosity with money is the root of all good.")

I don't actually agree that the love of money is the root of all evil. Plenty of evil in the world is completely unconnected with money. Take, for example, serial killers. You could argue that they're evil, but their evil has nothing to do with money.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons