My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fred

I took the kids to McDonald's this morning for a treat. It started out innocent enough. I pull into the parking lot, walk into the store with Thomas and Zach, and get in line. No big deal. So as we're standing there deciding on what we all want for breakfast, a grizzly looking Michael Landon wanna be just turns around and looks us over, finally talking to Thomas. I didn't quite know what to do, so I just stood there. He was freaking me out. I should be used to it by now, this kind of stuff happens to me all the time, but I'm not. He says to Thomas "I'll bet your name is Fred." He continued on talking, but I was to weirded out by the whole thing to pay attention. He looked at me, so I smiled, not wanting to be totally rude. Thank God the lady at the register was asking for the next person in line (him) so I politely told him it was his turn.

I'll bet you think the story ends there, don't you! :D

So, he tells her his order, and it is an absolute ton of food. I think he was up hunting with a bunch of hunting buddies or something. He wasn't dressed all nasty or anything, but I'll bet that was what he was doing. She has him stand off to the side while they prepare his order and calls me up to the register. So now I'm standing side by side with this guy hoping he would just disappear off the face of the earth. He says to me "you're awfully cute. How come you're so sad?" I just stare at him. Sad? I wasn't sad. I just wanted to get the heck away from him.

"I'm not sad, I'm just a little tired," I was trying to remain polite. Ugh. He was hitting on me. :<

He then looks down at Thomas clinging to my leg and says "You need to take it easy on your Mom Fred, it's a shame to see such a lovely face frowning." At that moment, his food had been bagged and he was told to have a nice day by the register girl. He looks at Thomas, says "bye Fred", smiles, and leaves.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh I am feeling a little weirded out now too!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thank God I'm not the only one who thought that was creepy. LOL

5:34 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I'm lovin' it!

Not!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Remember Jeff? He always accused you frowning and sighing when you were together. "I'm not frowing!" you'd say. "That's my natural expression!"

1:23 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I totally forgot about that!! Yes, he did, he was forever asking me if I was ok. Yikes! That was like a million years ago. He used to always get mad because I would invite everyone to go on our dates. LOL

you, your brother, Jaime, my brother

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the guy wasn't that weird, maybe he just thought he was being "friendly and sociable".

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

That could be jafer. Thanks for pointing out that perspective for me.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons