My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Personal Greed

Some people just make me sick.

scenario: Around Halloween time every year the suppliers will send candy bars in the boxes along with the components. I was back in the receiving department earlier today and noticed the girls had piles of candy bars on their desks. It struck me as a little odd, but I didn't think anything more of it until 4 hours later when one of the helpers back there asked me if she keep the bag of skittles that came in the box. Then I remembered, it's Halloween time, that's where all that candy was coming from. I told her she could keep anything she came across, she was opening packages. I was appalled at what she told me. Apparently, the receiving girls had told the helpers they had to put all the candy in a bin. I was so mad!!!

If there is one thing in the world I hate, it's greedy people! Even I didn't know about all the candy that was coming in. So, out of my entire department, the 2 receivers had hoarded at least a hundred candy bars. I was absolutely disgusted. I pulled the bin out, and with fake smiles and cheer, I announced to everyone that we had a ton of candy bars, everyone needs to help themselves.

The look on the receivers faces was absolutely priceless. Deer caught in the headlights all the way. They both confronted me after the fact and told me they were going to sit the candy out for everyone but they hadn't had a chance. Like I'm stupid enough to fall for that. I was disappointed, and you could tell by my response. I just told them both that we are all a part of a team back here, and I do my best for everyone back here, it's a very big disappointment to see people on my team who don't respect what being part of a team is.

Gluttony is one of the deadly sins.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Candy whores! Just makes me sick. Good for you, sharing with the rest of the team. I think you handled it beautifully.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Phoenix. I just can't believe that people behave like that. It's all 'me, me, me'.

9:27 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Deadly Sin 8: Dating Jobless Guys

10:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Definitely, you should NEVER date a jobless guy. No matter how good looking they are!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Don't forget: Greed is one of the seven deadly sins, too! Lust is my favorite. >:)

Did you know that the Bible doesn't actually identify the seven deadly sins? (It says, "the wages of sin is death"; therefore, all sin is deadly.) The concept of the seven deadly sins arose later in other religious writings.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I did not know that Jessica. Very interesting. Are they linked to any particular religion? (Catholocism?)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons