My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm Frustrated

I'm busier then busy, and I've been single handedly responsible for making sure that Elizabeth's party goes on without a hitch today.

So far.......

  1. I had asked Mary last week if she could run around a list for just a few people to attend the potluck. Yesterday around 9:00 am I found out she didn't do it. She said she 'told' me. I remember everything, she did not tell me squat.
  2. I bought 2 cards and intended on having them passed around for everyone to sign. One card turns up missing. Nobody has a clue where it went. Mary and Audrey both claim I took it with me. I tore my desk up looking for it, with them standing over my shoulder. The card was found 30 seconds later on Mary's desk. I wanted to kill her.
  3. Because I am salary, I offered to order the sheet cake and pick it up for everyone to have a piece and wish Elizabeth well. Apparently because I volunteered for that, I am now responsible to set up everything for the pot luck as well. Nobody else seems to have time. And my time is much less valuable then theirs??
  4. Dianna is offended that I didn't invite her to the pot luck. It was not a slight, there were no feelings of hate or disregard in that oversight. I had approximately 5 minutes to run around and ask a few individuals to attend.

I'm beginning to wish I had just listened to Elizabeth and not invited anyone at all. What was I thinking??

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The phrase "damned if you do and damned if you don't" is very apt in this situation.
I will look out for Mary's death notice in the newspaper tomorrow, hahahahaha.

10:40 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Why do most offices seem to run that way - there is usually only one person willing to pick up the slack where "work" is involved...They are lucky to have you.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons