My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Muffin, a Missing Pack of Smokes, and a Man Doused in Cologne

What do these 3 things have in common??

Charlie was running around frantically this morning looking for a brand new pack of cigarettes that he bought yesterday. He asked me several times if I had seen them. (I don't smoke.) Each time I said no I hadn't seen them. He leaves for work and I assume he either found them or he was going to buy a new pack.

So, while heading in to work I decide to stop and pick up muffins for everyone. I was in the mood for one and I hadn't done anything like that in a while. I stop at the store and head to the bakery. A guy wearing cologne so strong my eyes watered uncontrollably was following right behind me. I tried like heck but I couldn't lose him. He was headed to the same exact spot that I was. I grabbed my muffins, high tailed it for the check, and hoped to get the heck out of there before the guy found me.

The cashier rings up the muffins and gives me the total. (Damn, Rico Suave had caught up to me at this point) I dig in to my purse only to find out that Charlie had cleaned me out. So I exclaim rather annoyed with cologne driven tears in my eyes "God damn it, he took my last $10 bill!" I was immediately embarrassed that I had made such a scene. (I presume Charlie took my $10 to buy a new pack of cigarettes.) Good lord, I had my debit card, all I had to do was ring it up. I look up to see the cologne man handing the cashier money. I was horrified.

"It's on me," he says. "You look like your having a rough day." I was humiliated and about 30 shades of red by now. I immediately refused to have the cashier take his money. He insisted. I wanted to die.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was probably disguising alot of bad body odour!!! Probably hadn't washed for 2 weeks, ugh.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Sounds like he was trying to hit on you. The only hitting going on, though, was the wave of cologne hitting your nose and making your eyebrows fall out.

Don't people know they have too much on? Must be some sort of disorder.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That was really sweet. He'd probably be a catch for someone if it weren't for the cologne issue.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

He would definitely need to lose the cologne. I think it curled my nose hairs. LOL

He did seem like a nice guy, I have to give him credit for that.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Okay, tonight you have a drivers' ed google ad on your blog. What's up with that??

Click - Learn - Drive
Take Drivers Ed Entirely Online. Prep Tests Come Free. Try it Today.

Yeah, that sounds reputable. I want to be on the road with someone who learned to drive by clicking a mouse.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons