My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thomas Story #3

It was a long time after I had Zach before I even considered the thought of having another baby. The second time around I was going to make sure I did things right. Nice house, financial stability, marriage.

Finally at the ripe old age of 28 I had my second child. It had been 8 years since Zachary had been a baby, and let me tell you, it was an eye opening experience all over again. How soon you forget about sleepless nights and dirty diapers and being covered in spit up.

Because of my c-section I hadn't done much outside the house so Charlie decided it would be nice for us to all go out for breakfast. Thomas was about 5 weeks old, and I was getting stir crazy from being cooped up.

We arrive at the restaurant and in an excited hurry head up to the door. Charlie is asking me what I wanted for breakfast, I'm telling him I don't know yet, he's talking about getting the 'Hearty Breakfast', and poor little Zach is standing in the middle of the parking lot. I look back and urge Zach to hurry up, we were almost at the door. In a worried little voice he asks if we are leaving Thomas out in the car.

We forgot to grab Thomas!! The poor little guy was still sleeping away in his carseat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Amazing what your mind will do, or not do, sometimes, AND what kids will pick up on quicker than us.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Oh crap, I bet that made you feel really good! LOL!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons