My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thomas story #2

From the minute Thomas was born he has had a thing with hair. He loves to play with it, and rub it between his fingers.

It was a particularly long day and I just didn't have the energy to sit up with Thomas. Our routine had been to rock him in the chair until he was nearly asleep and then place him in his crib. On this particular night I just took Thomas to bed with me hoping and praying he would just drift off to sleep along with me.

Sometime during the night I had started dreaming about a huge bright green tomato worm in my hair, each of it's legs grasped onto a different section of hair. I was standing next to a fence freaking out. I awoke to discover that Thomas was scrunching my hair with his tiny little baby hands in his sleep. The fence? I was grasping for dear life on to the headboard of my bed.

I'm laughing even now as I'm typing about this. This is one of my absolute favorite memories.

3 Comments:

Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Hey, put the kid to bed. You promised me a snowbunny and I'm calling in my chips. :-D

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Oh my, I'd better get a move on then, hadn't I! :D

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

LOL Awwww - That's a very nice story about Thomas. That is so funny about how you were grabbing onto the headboard when you awoke ha ha! :-)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons