My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I hate this winter!

It has rained all day again. I can't believe it's raining in the middle of January!

I stepped outside to start the jeep and nearly killed myself. My intentions were to go grocery shopping, I nearly ended up at the ER. The driveway was nothing but ice under 3 inches of water, I was no match.

I made it about 3 steps toward the jeep when my feet flew out from beneath me, landing me flat on my back, sliding down the driveway, eventually coming to a rest under my vehicle. I would have been ok if I hadn't smacked my head so hard, I'm pretty sure I could see hairs embedded in the ice as I crawled back to the steps.

Let's just say, I didn't get any grocery shopping done today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

I'm sorry, are you ok??? I had that happen to me before too. That's when you tell yourself that you really didn't need to go shopping after all! My mom fell like that crossing a street in the dark and had a hard time crawling across because it was really slippery and almost got hit by a truck. You can only relate if you've lived through it. Hope you are feeling better soon..(((hugs))).

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Geez, be careful out there.

Here in Missouri, I was awakened by tournado sirens at 3 am on January 2nd. Nothing surprises me anymore about this wacky weather.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

It's been in the 60's for a week now... I'm beging to think we'll get dumped on by a blizzard in another month or so.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

...and the judges score...perfect ten..sorry..in the Olympics mode lately...

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I have a tender spot on the back of my head, but, ego is back in check, I'm doing just fine today. :D

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I think I'm definitely evil for laughing when I pictured you sliding under your Jeep. Maybe I'll change my blog name to Evil Incarnate.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! Evil Incarnate, it has a certain ring to it.....

:D

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'd use it for my MSN Messenger screen name, but they've made us uninstall it. :(

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons