My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Spicegirl has been bedazzled!

The roads were terrible, again!! What's up with this rain in the middle of January?? If it hadn't been for the presentation, I would have stayed home. Ugh!

Spicegirl came back this morning to make sure I made it in to work today, for the QSR. In her usual fashion, her costume jewelry and bedazzled blazer were a sight to see. The sequined tank top beneath the blazer really pulled the outfit together.

Spicegirl and I have a somewhat strained relationship, dating to 'way back when' events that occurred between the two of us. I pretend that I don't even remember anymore, I'm sure she does as well, but I still do remember like it was yesterday.

4 years ago when I was still a planner working for the production control manager and she was a business manager for one of our accounts she had made a comment that I will likely never forget. It had infuriated me at the time and really hurt me. I was sitting in Bob's office (my then boss) in the middle of a meeting between him and I and one other person. Spicegirl had paged me so Bob called her back, putting her on speaker phone. When she had answered the phone Bob said "What do you need Sherri for? I've got her,"

"What are you doing, fucking her?" was the response back from her. I was pissed! Ok, I'm in the room, another individual was in there too, I was not screwing him nor have I ever done anything like that ever, and his door was wide open for anyone in the bull pen to hear the comment.

"You're on speaker phone and Sherri, Ed, and I are all in a meeting at the moment," was Bob's response back. She laughed. I got up and left the room. Words cannot describe how mad I was at that moment. To this day she has never apologized to me, the incident was just swept under the rug.

You would think after this many years have passed that I wouldn't get upset when I think about the comment, but I do. It was really a blow to my intelligence and my caliber or person. Perhaps in her world she had slept with her bosses to get where she was, but, I have more respect for myself then that.

It really sucks, sometimes, that I work for a company that is just absolutely corrupt with this kind of stuff.

18 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Sherri,
I have my own 'spicegirl' to deal with here.
She is a self proclaimed creative guru. Emphasis on the SELF.
She comes in and prances around wearing inappropriate attire - vintage no less - and acts like she is IT where the art world is concerned.
When she's not dressed inappropriately it looks like she picked things up off the laundry pile and threw them on.
She walks all over the boss/owner of the company and he lets her - pretty uncomfortable for all of us employees when it happens.
I can't tell you how many F bombs I've heard go off in his office from her.
I agree with one of our retouchers who said:
"I don't understand how someone who acts and looks like that can be in charge of anything to do with design"
I take solice in knowing the old cliche... every dog gets their day...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Jack, you poor man! It looks like you and I are in the exact same boat! Perhaps the two spicegirls are somehow related??

10:52 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Could be. In fact, I've often said that my spicegirl is schizo so... could be it is the SAME person. Wouldn't THAT be interesting?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! I have to ask, does your Spicegirl have a thing for funky hats?? That's the one thing that irritates me most!!! She looks ridiculous!

11:06 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Oh my God.
As we speak she's about the office in her cowgirl hat.
Yes. She has hundreds of them. All obnoxious.
This is weird.
I may have to send you a pic.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Sherri, my advice is to write down every single event/rudeness/anything out of context to work. You may need this information someday in a lawsuit, or just for leverage. Write it all down, days, times, people involved. YOU may never need it, but it's good to have the upper hand. As far as spicegirl, ten bucks I take out her kneecaps, lol. I do work cheap...haha.

11:20 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Sherri, if our spicegirls are the same.. I'll take her out for free. lol

11:25 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Ya know, one time an HR director asked me if I was sleeping with a co-worker. I just burst into tears. I was horror-striken. He was right, but he had no right to ask me that!

:P

I think it's harrassment whether it's right or wrong.

11:47 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I think I need to get damasta a job with me... ;)

heh, heh, heh

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! Cowgirl hat?? I have yet to see a cowgirl hat!

Damasta, you poor thing. :( That's one reason why I would never 'be' with someone who works with me. I hope everything worked out for you.

thomas, I've seen and heard a lot! There is more then one person in this building that I have a little dirt on.

Jack, by all means, take her out! I can't pass up a freebie.

1:34 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Sherri,
I had to re-read my posts.. for a minute I thought you meant to take damasta out... as in for dinner..lol

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! Well, you could do that too!

1:46 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I'll have to find some pics of my spicegirl and email them up to you.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, please do! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my spicegirl, or I would do the same. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to sneak a few one day.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Just take pix of everyone at work one day. She'll never be the wiser.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

sherri...of course I prefer Lockeroom, or at least hot oil/jello/nekkid pics. That could be just me though...lol.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Some folks are alive only because it's illegal to kill them...

8:42 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Yeah, I thought for a sec you were pimping me out, Sherri.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons