My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I've grown up to be the worlds most embarrassing mom....

Scene: Zach, Tony, Thomas sitting in back seat. Tony and Zach are telling me about how much fun they had the night before. I'm in the front seat driving, I notice Tony's voice seems a bit odd.

Me: Tony, are you feeling ok?

Tony: Yes.

Me: Your voice sounds funny, are you sure.

Tony: {turning red, looking out window} Yeah, I'm ok.

Me: {Realizing that I have just embarrassed the heck out of a preteen boy because his voice is changing} Oh my God.

Zach: What?

Me: What are we having for lunch? {Trying like heck to change the subject as quickly as possible.}

Thomas: Are you sick Tony? {Situation much worse than I had imagined. A three year old can say the same phrase over and over for hours.}

Me: Thomas, what are we having for lunch? How about pizza?

Thomas: {Big smile, crisis situation past} Pizza.... Pizza.... Pizza....

Me: Ok, pizza it is.

Yes, folks, I have morphed into every kids worst nightmare, the clueless mom who draws attention to everything. I had such high hopes that I would end up the cool young mom!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I remember those painful years like they were yesterday...

11:28 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

All parents eventually morph into a version of their own parents. It is both sad and inevitable. I just roll with it. Early senility runs in my family. My dad was always cussing his dad for being a crazy old coot and I have upheld this tradition which will be passed to my son. It is the circle of life. From one crazy assed generation to another. So don't worry about. I am sure that you are a cool parent since you understood why he was embarassed. I delight in embarassing my kids with goofy antics. It is parental payback.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. Slight foot in mouth scenario there

:)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

tom, I do too. They were horrible...

fuzzbox, I like the way you put that. "circle of life" I can just imagine him doing some of the same crazy stuff to his kids.

ben, some of the most entertaining conversations I've had recently have been about girls. LOL I found a love not from a girl to Zach the other day, I thought he was going to have a heart attack and die in it right before my eyes.

Garethe, definitely an 'open mouth, insert foot' moment. :D

7:12 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sorry Sherri, I just had to feature this post on my site, it tied right in with my life... LOL!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

no problem big mama. :D

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My coworkers are wondering what I'm laughing about.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Just deny it, that's what I do.

"Laughing? I wasn't laughing...."

:D

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons