My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, February 17, 2006

What a Day for a Snow Day

Yes, folks, I have the day off today, our entire plant closed down due to inclement weather.

Believe it or not, they even announced our plant closing on the radio and on the little blue bar that scrolls across the bottom of the TV screen with the school closings.

Special thanks to Jessica for alerting me to that tidbit of information last night, I had no idea our closing would be so important that it would require viewing coverage. The sarcasm and teasing, I could have done without, though, Jessica. LOL!

Seriously, when the decision was made yesterday, we were literally in the midst of a blizzard. Several inches of accumulation had already fallen and more then half the plant was preparing for the worst, already scheduling inclement weather time for today. I was amongst those individuals. When I had gone home for lunch and my road was still not plowed from the day before, and already beginning to drift shut, I was preparing for the worst.

As always, that little twist of irony, it's not even snowing out right now. And, my road is totally plowed. I'm even considering going to town with Thomas and doing a little shopping.

For everyone out there working their tails off (Jessica), sucks to be you! :D
For the rest of you guys, hope you're having an excellent day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Enjoy your day off, Ms. Sanders. Have a fantastic weekend!

8:35 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Hey.. I had YESTERDAY AND TODAY off... :)
Our office is moving locations..so free time for us..

;-P

heh heh

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

phoenix, I shall enjoy my day off, you have a great weekend as well!

jack, sure, you just had to rub it in, didn't you... LOL

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

All the schools are closed today, and the weather is beautiful! It hardly snowed at all last night. All the snow arrived yesterday, and it wasn't really that much. We only got six inches at my house.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Would you believe the 12" of snow we got here last weekend is totally gone? Weather turned on Tuesday and it got up into the mid-60's again... No wonder everyone I know is sick.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

No snow here. No work here. Life is good. Enjoy your weekend.

2:06 PM  
Blogger luvwannabefree25 said...

Hey, I was reading a different blog and saw your post so I decided to stop by. I have friends who live in Gaylord, Chris and Heather Seward. I think they both work at a hospital in that area too. Do you know them? I live down by YUCK Detroit and our astronomy club visits that area in the summer in Indian River. Cool stuff... C'ya...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, it's really not that big, only 265 employees, I'm actually shocked that it even made in on tv.

jessica, we got around 12 inches accumulated from wednesday and thursday. Otsego county has been doing a terrible job of keeping the roads clean, they didn't even plow my road until today.

ranger tom, I'm envious. I hate snow! I can send you mine. :D

thomas, enjoy your weekend as well. :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

luv, thanks for stopping by. The name Seward does sound familiar, but I don't know Chris and Heather. Indian River is a very scenic area, glad you get the chance to come up and visit.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons