My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Insecurity

It bothers me that most women do not like me. For whatever the reason, I am a blight on society, a social pariah in the eyes of my own kind.

It makes me sad.

Yesterday was Charlie's 50th birthday party and I spent almost the entire party making small talk with his various male friends and coworkers, treated like an outcast by the huddled clique of women who had congregated on my front lawn.

MY FRONT LAWN!

The highlight of my pathetic and pitiful evening was when Steve happened to drive past my house and see Dave and I talking on the front lawn, prompting him to stop and crash the party just to say Hi.

Yes, that's right, a former coworker who now lives in Grand Rapids, who totally happened by the house on accident, can stop and crash a party just to say Hi and people who have been sitting and eating and surrounding me all evening can't give me the time of day.

Something is drastically wrong with this picture.

8 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

People can be such jerks!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Awww! I wish I could've been there instead of that dumb family reunion!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

crazy me, my sentiments exactly.

jessica, I wish you could have been there too. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

You should have started shouting "FIRE FIRE FIREEEEEEE!!!!!". That would have got rid of them ;-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

kingcover, I'll remember that next time I'm in that situation!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Women can be so mean. Probably the reason why I have more guy friends than girls.

Don't pay any attention to them, they have the issue, not you!

10:26 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Geez Loueeeze - what a nice thing to do - throw a 50 party for Charlie. I'm glad you had someone stop by and appreciate it.

7:47 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I would have turned on the sprinkler.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons