My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Who's that coworker?
















Because my time at work is coming to a close, I've decided to dedicate a few posts to some of my favorite and most memorable coworkers. Some of the names may ring a bell from posts of the past, some may be first introductions to people I've seen and worked with throughout most of my 11 years here. Either way, they have stood out to me for their own unique reasons and will undoubtedly be remembered.

(I only wish I had chosen to do this earlier, several people have already left for the promise of a new future.)

I find it only fitting I start with Julie, my partner in crime. From the Monday and Friday look outs for the Water Boy to our daily chat sessions, she will definitely be one of the people I miss most.

I'll never forget the day I met Julie, 5 years ago. Sandy had come up to me, freaked out, holding a piece of paper with a temporary employees name on it telling me she was certain this guy was a terrorist. Julie and Sandy had been friends, and Julie had been watching this guy, scoping him out, positive he was one of the wanted terrorists.

So I researched his name on the internet.

Sure enough, the name pops up as a terrorist wanted for murder and bombing and a link took me directly to an FBI site. Now totally freaked out, Sandy takes off to tell Julie about our find. Julie appears in the door way moments later telling me all about how this temporary employee drives a different vehicle several times a week with plates from different states on each vehicle. She then goes on to tell me how this guy had claimed to be a photographer from New York and had only come to our town to find a wife.

Now I'm freaked out.

Really, if you think about it, what photographer is going to leave New York, work as a temporary employee for $8 an hour, live out of a hotel, and work in an electronics plant to find a wife?

We just knew this guy had relocated himself here to learn about electronics for future terrorist activities. Not quite sure if I was caught up in the moment, or if I was just a little scared, but I filled in the sightings information on the FBI website stating an employee was working at my company who went by the same name and was around the same age as the man listed.

I hadn't told a soul I did this, nor did I include any personal information about myself.

Less then a month later the temporary employee quit suddenly, along with another woman. Rumor had it that he was moving back to New York and she was coming with him. I often wonder to this day, what ever became of the two of them and was he really what he claimed to be.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

I love that story! I can't wait for more installments about the coworkers... They are a colorful bunch (to say the least). Julie is pretty with very kind eyes. You can tell she is very sweet.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That story is totally freaky! Can you imagine if he really were a terrorist?! OMG!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, Julie is one of the sweetest people I know, she's definitely one of a kind. She has told me before she thinks of me like a daughter (unbelievably, yes she is old enough to be my mother), and to be honest, I would have loved to have her as a mother.

crazy me, it was definitely freaky working with this guy after finding out the information I had found out.

10:44 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

You just never know! Scary!

Nice post about Julie.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons