My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Never Trust a Car Salesman

On Saturday I bought my very first brand new car.

Brand New!!

When I drove off the lot I had 9 miles on the odometer, a full tank of gas, and a payment for the next five years..... But I had the excitement of owning my very first new car.

The excitement has quickly faded, I must say. I'm currently in a state of anger over the fact that I am unable to get ANYONE at the dealership to actually answer the phone. Oh yes, they promise you the moon and the stars to get you behind the wheel of one of their vehicles, but once that sale is complete, they vanish into the night.

So, you may be wondering, just why in the heck would I be so angry that I can't get in touch with a soul at this dealership?

Let me tell you....

I hop into my new car this morning, start her up, and begin to back out of the driveway. That's when I notice the 'check engine' light has appeared.

Thinking to myself, now, why in the heck would the check engine light come on, and stay on, when I have only 143 miles on this car, I decide I had better call the salesman and inquire.

So, I get to work and pull out the business card I received on Saturday, the card of the salesman who emphatically requested I use in any event that required contact with the dealership.

I call.

I am appalled to find out the number listed as the salesman's direct dial does not even belong to him! Thinking perhaps I have called the wrong number, I call back again. Nope. I had the correct number, his business card is incorrect. I leave a message, hoping for some sort of response.

Nothing.

Several hours have now passed by, and, not a single response. So, I call the number listed on their website. Again, I receive voice mail. Again I leave another message. No response.

I'm fairly ticked now.

I can't wait to get this asshole's customer service survey in the mail, the one he had mentioned 6 times, the one he had literally asked me if I could respond with all 10's on.

Vindictive, perhaps.

But, what in the hell ever happened to courteous customer service AFTER the sale??

8 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

That is outrageous! I hope you give em the old one two punch! Nothing like today's customer service... what ever happened to the old honest and genuine sales folks, who really give a darn?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

tsduff, my sentiments exactly!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

I'm not a mechanic but I do know that that type of things happens quite a lot with new cars. Lights coming on etc.
I also know that if your engine light is still solid at the moment you can delay the diagnosis for a while. But if it starts to flash then you must get it sorted out ASAP! A solid light can stay on for 2 or 3 years without there being a major problem with the engine and I also know that it's not a problem with the engine per se, it's more to do with the emissions.

Hey not bad for a technically challenged person ;-)


Hoping you get through to your dealership really soon :-)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

Oh hey Sherri, I found this. You might want to try it ....

http://www.sematopia.com/?p=121

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks kingcover, I'll be sure to take a look. Btw, for someone who is technically challenged, you hit that solid light thing right on the nose. When I talked to the service department the guy told me the exact same thing. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

Yeah he's my cousin. I told him to say that! HA! :-D

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherri - this probably sounds crazy, but it might be the gas cap. If it wasn't tightened correctly when the car was filled last, the check engine light will come on - I know this from experience :) You may want to remove the gas cap and put it back on. It may take a couple of times starting your car before the check engine light resets.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

A new car shouldn't have ANY lights blinking. That's crazy.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons