My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Week and a Half to Go......

And still so much to do!

I'm completely miserable at the moment. Not only has Hannah decided to move into a position that has put so much pressure on my hips that I can't bear to walk but she has also strategically placed a foot beneath the ribs on my left side, kicking at will and causing horrible amounts of discomfort.

This is what happens when you are forced to carry around a 10lb baby. Ugh!

Today I have to stop by MI Works! to verify I have my resume on line. In order to collect unemployment benefits and be eligible to participate in the TAA thing, I also have to verify that I've applied for 3 jobs a week until I start school.

It's going to be a giant pain in the ass!

I can't help but think to myself, why in the heck would they make you go through all that when they KNOW you will be attending classes? It is my theory that their main goal is to make it as close to impossible as they can for anyone to receive that schooling funding.

Here's the kicker: If I'm offered a job that is within a 35 mile radius that will pay 80% of what I had made I'm not allowed to turn it down. If I do, I forfeit any and all unemployment and TAA benefits I have coming to me.

It's a complete racket, but the loop holes will get me through until January, I'm certain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kingcover said...

Send The Men In Black to their doorstep. No not to rough them up, just to sing to them so their ears begin to bleed and they see the error of their ways and make it easier for you to get into the school :-)

12 days - woohoooo!!! :-D

8:57 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Soon all yer troubles will be over, nothing will matter at all, and you will have a baby at your breast... sigh. Can't wait!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I SO can't wait!!! I hope she doesn't plan on staying in there any longer than necessary!

As far as the unemployment racket, they suck! So make sure that every job you apply for is at least 40 miles away.... *evil grin*

9:02 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Good lord, sounds like a beating ... both the baby and the other. LOL!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I wonder if you've had the baby yet...

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons