My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A hair did what?

Who could have known a seemingly safe little strand of hair could do so much damage!

I was horrified to find out first hand just what a 'hair' could do.

I was changing Hannah's diaper when I noticed her doing something weird with her hand. Normally she will swing her arms all around and grasp at everything in sight when I change her diaper, but today she just lay there, fingers clutched into a tiny little ball.

Immediately the Mom instinct kicks in and I pry her fingers apart to see what it is she has hidden away in there.

And that's when I notice it.

At some point a hair had wrapped itself around 3 of her chubby little fingers and begun cutting into her skin.

I almost died.

It had cut in so deeply I couldn't even see the hair anymore. My mind was racing trying to figure out how I was going to get this taken care of before her fingers shriveled up and fell off.

I ended up pulling out my old knife from work, which is basically just a triangular razor blade on the end of a handle. I had to carefully pull her fingers apart in order to find any exposed hair that could be cut.

Believe me, this was no easy task.

Nothing like a writhing crying child pulling away from you as you try, scalpel in hand, to cut a hair out from between her fingers.

I somehow managed to get this accomplished without even cutting the skin. (On her or me.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh MY!!! That is so scarey. Glad you both came through it ok. Please give her a cuddle for me.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I've hugged and cuddled her for you Big Mama, she told me to tell you Thanks! LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

She'll either be a hairdresser or a surgeon when she grows up ;-)

10:45 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

jeez loueeze - the trauma kids put you through! Poor mama!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons