My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My birthday, my friend Sandy, and paper thin oatmeal cookies.

My friend Sandy stopped by the house yesterday with a bowl of cookie dough.

Weird, yes, but it was really good to have a little company that doesn't drool cheerios and bite everything in sight.

We talked about everything, I miss that. Of all my friends, Sandy is the one I can talk trash to and know she won't think less of me because I'm a vindictive, backstabbing bitch.

We've actually laughed about how nice I used to be and how much I've changed over the past couple of years.

It was my job that changed me. Being a member of management ruined my perception of a lot of things. It is a subtle change at first, you don't even notice it happening at all. The next thing you know you are detached from feeling holding another individuals future in your uncaring hands and not feeling a thing one way or the other.

Thank God that is behind me now.

Unfortunately, something that is not behind me right now is my birthday. I just can't believe I'm going to be 34 this Sunday. I'm getting old. :(

Not even the horrible 'supposed' oatmeal cookies Sandy and I made yesterday could cheer me up.

Now that's bad. A good kitchen catastrophe can cheer anyone up.

I think I'm going to just to out Saturday and 'tie one on', nothing like a good drunk to get you through a birthday. Plus, everything usually looks rosier if you're half-in-the-bag.

9 Comments:

Blogger Myron Davis said...

Happy Birthday for this Sunday!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Myron!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I noticed today that your profile at Northern Michigan Moms already says you're 34. What's up with that?? :)

Mine is going to say I'm 34 early, too, because I never use my real birthdate.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great time. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, you never use your real birthday?

vodka, thanks!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's probably overly cautious on my part, but identity thieves find birth dates useful, so I try to refrain from sharing mine unnecessarily.

1:00 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I do the same thing with my birthdate... I use my sister's (she died 10 years ago). But ahem... if you are old at 34 - I hate to see me at 52 in November... LOL!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I had no idea an identity thief could glean any info from a birthdate. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

Terry, I think women feel old at every age, no matter how old they are, once they've turned 21. LOL

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Well, it would have to be a pretty determined thief... :)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons