My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, July 22, 2005

Company Open House

The company open house is tomorrow, and, I don't want to go. The last thing I want to do on my day off is come back here and hang out. Ugh! I know that, being management and everything, I should feel obligated to be here. I don't. The thing is, why should I put so much into something that does not do anything for me in return.

  • How do they reward their good employees with great attendance? Hmmm.......let's start by taking away paid sick days and dumping the current insurance program for something that costs 3 times as much and covers 1/3 as much.
  • How do they acknowledge a job well done? Hmmmm......another good one. Let's start by keeping you on a pay freeze for 5 years and telling you 'as soon as the corporation makes money, you will see raises.' incidentally, my plant is the only plant in the 'corporation' who has continually made money for the past 5 years.
  • When was the last time I felt good about my job? It's been over 3 years since I really felt good about what I do for a living. All I see now is a bureaucratic tangle of lies and hypocrisy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons