My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Joe Kucharek

For some reason I started thinking about Joe. He was Charlie's best friend through high school, and the reason why he did so much traveling after high school. It has been several years since they (Joe and Marjory) sent that book to Zachary, 'Zach's Alligator'. In fact, it's probably been years since I've even thought about him. But, like I said, today I started thinking about him, and wondering what he had been up to.

I couldn't help but do an inmate search. I had heard from his Dad a few years ago that he believed that Joe was in prison, but nobody ever heard from him, so they weren't for sure. Today, I know for sure. I'm saddened for him, to tell the truth. I feel that he has wasted his life with the booze and drugs. I can't even imagine what he looks like now. It's been probably 15 years since the last time I seen him. At that time, he was pretty much a big oaf who drank too much and had kind of a bad temper. We (my family) had hung out at their house quite a bit, Jessica and I actually toilet papered their house. Chowski barked the entire time. Which is what I remember first, when I think of Joe.

Jessica and I had come up with the brilliant idea to toilet paper and fork their yard. On the way to her house, her car begins to smoke. I remember vividly the conversation we were having. I asked her if she had checked the oil lately, and she had told me that she had never checked the oil. So, of course, the car needed like 2 quarts of oil. Which we put in after it got dark. We had drove down the road a ways and parked by the side so her dad wouldn't see. I stood in the front of the car with my jacket open to reflect light in so she could see.

We parked the car at the cull de sac and walked in the remainder of the way to their house. It was pitch black outside. The only thing we could actually see was the toilet paper floating around in the air. We toilet papered the inside of their car, and the outside. We wrapped toilet paper around the fence that bordered the hill to their house. We even rolled toilet paper down the stairs. Jessica had tripped and stumbled over some cans, and I had partially fallen down the steps at one point. It wasn't until we rolled the toilet paper down the steps that Chowski began to bark. We seen the light flick on and booked for the car. I'm pretty sure he never did find out who it was that TP'd his house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

It amazes me how vividly I remember sneaking out that night and having to put oil in the car, yet I don't remember a bit about toilet papering the house or that we even intended to do such a thing. How can that be? If anything were memorable, you think it would be TP'ing someone's house. (It was amazing how much additional illumination could be provided by the white lining of your coat as I put in the oil!)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons