My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

101 Things about me that you probably don't know

1. I have a freckle on the bottom of my right foot.

2. I chipped my front tooth on a wagon when I was 9 years old. It was filed down by the dentist, and is almost undetectable now.

3. I eat ketchup on fried eggs.

4. I couldn't eat mayonnaise for many years after hearing a 'what's grosser then gross' joke.

5. I specifically asked the photographer who took my senior pictures if he would air brush the freckle off the end of my nose.

6. My husband is 17 years older then I am.

7. I first met him when I was 11 years old.

8. We got married 3 years ago in Las Vegas on Valentines day.

9. I was happier before we got married.

10. I got pregnant for my youngest son on my honeymoon.

11. I don't feel like I was born with a motherly instinct.

12. I once forgot my oldest son was in the car with me when he was a tiny baby.

13. I got all the way up to the store when I remembered and hurried back to get him.

14. I feel guilty about it to this day.

15. I have one sister-in-law that does permanent hair removal. (licensed in cosmetic electrolysis.)

16. I have another sister-in-law who recently has had a boob job.

17. I'm afraid of the dark.

18. I was terrified of vampires when I was a teenager.

19. I used to keep a clove of garlic in a medicine bag that hung from my bed.

20. Jessica bought me a crucifix for my birthday one year because of this irrational fear of vampires. LOL

21. When I was 9 years old, my parents got divorced.

22. My Dad was an alcoholic.

23. On my only visitation that I ever had with him, his house smelled like puke and he had been sleeping with an overturned ash tray in his bed.

24. He moved to Arizona a month after he moved out.

25. I was 23 years old the next time I seen him.

26. I used to get really angry with him for leaving me behind with my horrible mother.

27. My mother once spent an entire child support check on a new pair of jeans for herself.

28. I'm a flirt.

29. My favorite perfume is called 'Halloween'.

30. I have a very distinctive laugh.

31. I also have baby hands.

32. One of my high school teachers pointed that out in class one day.

33. He has a daughter that is the same age as my oldest son.

34. I was 19 years old when I got pregnant with my oldest son.

35. 19 is way to young to be having a baby.

36. Charlie was in the room with me through the entire delivery.

37. 'Fire in the Sky' was on TV during the delivery.

38. I had to push for 2 hours straight.

39. Charlie was pushing on the top of my belly, and 2 nurses were pushing on each side as well.

40. Zach was 9lbs 7ozs.

42. When Charlie cut the umbilical cord, it reminded me of the time we had to dissect the starfish in biology.

43. I had my youngest son cesarean.

44. He was breech the entire pregnancy.

45. He bit the doctors thumb during delivery.

46. The same doctor delivered both of my children.

47. Thomas was 2 hours old before I got to hold him for the first time.

48. When I was in the recovery room, I got really sad because I was there all by myself. Everyone else was in my hospital room with Thomas.

49. It was the beginning of post partum depression.

50. The hospital had to let me go a day early because I wanted to leave so badly.

51. I was containing so much water that I couldn't get my shoes on.

52. The minute I got home, I felt a million times better.

53. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner 2 days after I got home from the hospital.

54. I push myself harder then I should.

55. I'm terrible at math.

56. Yet, I work with mathematical dimensions on a daily basis.

57. I constantly check my work with the calculator.

58. The minute Joe gave me the souvenir from Mexico I noticed the tag was still on the bottom.

59. I looked at it immediately.

60. I couldn't believe he spent $6 on it.

61. I couldn't believe he didn't take the price tag off.

62. I then presumed he didn't take it off so I would be aware of how much he spent on it.

63. I then laughed at myself for thinking about such stupid stuff.

64. Joe sits directly on the other side of my cubicle wall.

65. I'm pretty sure he listens to every single word we say.

66. I know this because I normally listen to everything that he says.

67. I am really good at keeping a secret.

68. I have one secret that nobody in this world knows but me.

69. I hate my mailbox.

70. It's a fishing lure.

71. Charlie got it for Father's day one year, otherwise, I would get a new one.

72. Charlie has never liked a single present I have ever bought him.

73. I, on the other hand, love presents.

74. My husband's entire family is short.

75. My husband is only 5'4.

76. I'm just a hair taller then he is.

77. We shower together almost every day.

78. I can't stand scratchy towels.

79. If I grab one out of the drawer, I'll throw it in the hamper and grab another towel.

80. It takes me forever to get dressed in the morning.

81. I usually end up wearing the first outfit I tried on.

82. I have 39 sweaters in my closet.

83. My favorite sweater is a royal blue turtle neck ski sweater.

84. My brother lives in Florida.

85. He has several tattoos.

86. I went to visit him last June.

87. His girlfriend was killed in a car wreck.

88. He found out about it when he was watching the 11:00 news.

89. I now have an irrational fear that something like that will happen to me.

90. When I went out there, I brought an ET doll with me that was his when we were kids.

91. He cried for so long when he first seen me. It made me cry. I haven't seen him cry since we were kids.

92. Last week I cooked chicken breast for dinner.

93. When I was taking them out of the pan, one fell on the floor.

94. That was the day I was mad at Charlie, so I made sure he ended up eating that one.

95. He has no idea. :)

96. I tell everyone the age difference doesn't matter.

97. Sometimes it does though.

98. He will purposely avoid any situations where he has to hang out with my friends.

99. It doesn't bother me in the least to hang out with his friends.

100. Thank God I'm almost done.

101. I was running out of stuff to talk about! I started this last night when I couldn't sleep.

15 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Thanks for sharing. It is amazing at how well that list can make you feel like you know someone better than before.

I read every single one.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks. I've seen a couple other completed lists, and had time to kill last night. LOL

I hope I didn't sound to crazy! :D

8:52 AM  
Blogger SD27 said...

92 thru 95....good one!
Not being able to sleep sucks.
I have had a few of those nights recently. I wish I was blogging then.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sherri I think I've just entered the twilight zone! I was thinking about doing the exact same thing as this about 30 minutes ago. I got to 5 things and gave up after that, lol.

Hi Uncle Scooby, I'm Scrappy Dooooooooooo. lol. Sorry i've always wanted to say that, hehe.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Number 55. I'm terrible at math - yes I know .... (the 15 letters word verification incident!!) j/k.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

Afraid we have more in common that just crazy old people in our lives. Speaking of crazy old people, my MIL likes to narrate everything I do when she is around me. For example, yesterday she and I were in the kitchen and I noticed the dogs needed some water in their bowl. So as I'm pouring the water she is like a color commentator giving a play by play of me giving the dogs water. Now, no one else is in the house and I'm fully aware of what I'm doing so I don't really know who she is talking to--yet, her mouth runs like that 24/7. Did I tell you about the vacation from hell--yea, I did--bad memories there--LOL--nervously. ;-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Gareth, you should do the list. I love to find out things about people I didn't know before. (hint, hint)

Trée, you might be able to stop the play by play commentary if you bring her in the bathroom the next time you feel the need. LOL Seriously, I don't know how you do it. I think that would drive me clinically insane.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

SD27, befoe long, you'll be just as addicted to blogging as the rest of us. :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

wow.
I read every single one, too...
You are an amazing woman...i am so glad to see true thoughts and feelings...

If I was in MI I would give you a hug :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Seahag. :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I got a huge kick out of this. You've inspired me to do my own.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Okay, I've finally finshed mine.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, I'm just a retiree from New Hampshire cruising around the net and
looking for interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hi.
Nice work on your blog here.

Regards,
Thomas


laser hair removal nj

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoe weet ik welke manier voor me juist is?With Respect, Jacinda electrolysis hydrogen platinum

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons