My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bad Day

I'm having a bad day today. Absolutely horrible.

It starts off with the psycho path woman and borderline retarded gas station employee this morning. The 2 of them were standing in the entry way doing God knows what. I tried to slip past them without them noticing me and the woman screams in my ear the second I was right beside them. I know I gave them a dirty look, I could see it on their faces. I just walked inside and looked at the woman behind the counter. I rolled my eyes and went to get a pop. By the time I got up to the counter, the guy was back inside and he was standing behind the counter ready to ring up my purchase. The psycho path woman stands right behind me and starts talking extremely loudly about bingo tickets. I wanted to just haul off and smack her. I couldn't get out of that place fast enough.

I make it to work and get to my desk. Elizabeth asks me if Joe is going to return our ladder that he borrowed. I bring the issue up in the production managers meeting, and he states that he has no intention of bringing the ladder back. It says materials on it. I was ready to come unglued. I pointed out the fact that we have had the ladder for 5 years now, that we got before he became the manager of the materials department because materials received new ladders, and we required it for Elizabeth to be able to get into the filing cabinets. He then tells me the ladder was stolen, but he would scour the floor. I was ready to haul off and smack him too. I should have said, 'you know, my name is on Laura's tape dispenser. Maybe I should come back and claim that.' I didn't. Someone has to be civilized. I ended up getting with Jack to see if he could scrounge one up. I made sure to tell Elizabeth very loudly so Joe was able to hear that I had gotten with Jack. He has tried a couple of times to catch me to talk to me, I've pretended to be on the phone both times. I really don't want to speak with him anymore on the situation.

I return back to my desk after the production managers meeting and Elizabeth has filled out vacation slips for tomorrow and Monday, and October 13th and 14th. Now, I had just told her yesterday that I need to take part of Monday off for Zach's appointment to get his cast off, and I found out yesterday I have to take part of tomorrow off for the propane guy to check the line pressure. Which means, that will leave the inspection department with no coverage for half the day on both tomorrow and Monday. AAAAh!!

(Joe just walked past again, this time using his clip board to make noise so I will notice him. He is running it across the cage, and it is really loud. I have appeared to be so entrenched in my work I did not notice.)

It's only 10 minutes to 10:00. I can't imagine what the rest of the day has in store for me. I may end up committing murder with my calipers before it is all said and done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sherri how can you be having a bad day - it only just started?!
You will be a nervous wreck in an hour's time, lol.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yes, Gareth, I'm going to be a nervouse wreck by the end of the day. Joe has suddenly found my ladder and brought it back. I know he knew all along where that ladder was, he just wasn't going to give it up. What an ass!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Tell him it's the wrong ladder, just to mess with him.

"My ladder was blue, Joe." or something innocent.

Hang in there!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I did say to him 'oh, amazing! You found it already. It's almost like you knew right where it was or something.' Then I laughed. His face turned red but he didn't say a thing. He knew I was on to him. LOL

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons