My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Dog Named Rufus

Finally, a day worth writing about!

One of my oldest and closest friends Jessica invited me to her mom's open house today. I got an absolute bargain on tons of great Mary Kay stuff. It was pretty fun, I do have to say. I always get really intimidated when I think about being around her mom. A feeling that is left over from when we were kids. Today was not so bad though. Maybe because it's been so many years since I've seen her last, maybe because I'm an adult now, for whatever the reason, I really did enjoy myself. (She had some excellent Christmas tea!)

On our way out the door the most adorable puppy came running up to me. He was just so cute I couldn't resist. I ended up bringing him home with me! We've decided to call him Rufus. It was a toss up. I liked Cujo, Zachary wanted Buddy. Rufus just popped out and that's what stuck.

I was also able to point out Spicegirl to Jessica at Wal Mart!! She looked wonderful as usual. The sweatpants were back and a nasty case of bed head. I was embarrassed for her, but not too embarrassed to point her out to Jessica from about 15 feet behind her. We ended up heading right next to her at the Deli. I'm fairly certain she didn't even see me. Which is a good thing, I hate talking to people from work when I'm not, they always want to talk about work. Ugh!!

Plus I got to take a nice long nap. I love to sleep. Finally a good day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

Mmmmmm ... naps. Naps rock!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Rufus eh? My sister had a giant, rust-colored pet rat one time which she named Rufus. Well, it sounds much better on a dog :-)

5:41 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Congrats on rufus...cant wait to see the pics!!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I've always had to refrain from listing "napping" as a hobby on my résumé. :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes! A pet rat. After watching 'Ben' (I think that was the name of that movie) I've been turned off to rats forever.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons