My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, December 23, 2005

Bad Dream

At 3:00 this morning I awoke from a horrible dream. I haven't been able to sleep since. Which, really sucks, I could have slept in this morning, I don't have to work today!

In the dream I was out on a boat with a ton of people. I had no idea who any of them were, we were trying to escape something terrible. There were about 15 of us all standing to the back of the boat by the engines staring off in the distance, watching for the 'terrible' thing. (I can no longer remember exactly what it was that we were fleeing.) The guy to the left of me just kept saying "It only gets worse from here".

That's when I woke up. I'm sure there was more to the dream, I just can't remember any of it anymore. (Maybe that's a good thing.)

I did manage to get most of my gift wrapping done this morning. That's a big plus. Last year I wrapped everything on Christmas Eve, it took me about 4 hours to get it all done.

Jessica is supposed to drop by today to do a little shopping at Kohl's, maybe we'll be doing a little maternity shopping to accommodate the Kidney Bean. I think it's so cute that she's so excited about becoming a mom. I remember when we were kids, all the stupid things we ever did, and I wonder if my kids (and hers) will have all of those same experiences with best friends of their own. I will never forget the time Jessica stayed the night at my house and we slept out in the camper. This camper was horrible! Mosquitoes were buzzing around everywhere so Jessica had sprayed some bug spray on a couple to kill them. Spray had landed on the lightbulb and it started to smoke. For some ungodly reason, we began talking about the possibility of an eyeball on the other side of a piece of tape that was stuck to the ceiling. And, trivial pursuit. We played trivial pursuit to keep us awake all night.

Well, I've ramble on long enough. Time to get my butt in gear and get the day going.

5 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

That happens to me a lot too, and it annoyes the crap out of me if I can sleep in on my day off...

12:40 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I hate it when life interrupts my bad dreams. Bad dreams are fun, as I love it when I find out they are not true. Besides, they give a little excitement to an otherwise unremarkable life.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Merry Christmas, Sherri. I hope your holiday is great!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes! I hate bad dreams, I have them all the time. Some are worse then others. I'm not so sure why this one was so terrible, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something big.

One of the worst that I recently had was probably spawned by a book that I read. I was handcuffed to a hospital bed in a basement somewhere and there was a pile of dead people in the room with me. They had also fallen to the same fate as myself. In the dream I kept thinking, I have got to do something or I will end up in that pile. In the book, the people who lived in an apartment building were somewhat like vampires or something. One of the chapters had to do with a girl who had fallen victim to a similar fate.


Yep. I now sound crazy. LOL

Angela - Thanks! You have a merry christmas yourself!!! Have fun with the family gathering.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

That dream doesn't sound THAT scary, Sherri. Maybe I need to re-read that entry. ;-)

Hope Your Christmas Was Merry!!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons