My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ugh!

Good thing I'm wearing jeans with a little stretch to them! By the end of the day, they are going to need to haul me out to my jeep with the fork lift!

So much food, it's everywhere. I love the last work day before Christmas! Such yummy snacks. Even as I sit here typing I notice I'm wearing crumbs on the front of my top from snacking out in the elk line. Good lord! I was standing there talking to the techs and not one of those guys told me I had crumbs all over the place!

I was surprised by a gift from everyone this morning. We all decided not to do a gift exchange, there is just too much going on and limited funds with everyone to have to worry about picking up gifts for work too. I arrive at work this morning and everyone gathers around my desk, including my boss. I assumed it was because Spicegirl was back here and we were giving her our gift to her. (gift card for Kohl's) When they brought out the huge box I was speechless. I thanked them all, then teasingly chastised them because we weren't supposed to worry about gifts. It was a gift basket full of candles, I love candles. Helen brought me in a cinnamon apple candle and asked me to open her little gift bag right away. She was so excited. Laura brought in some homemade orange cranberry bread. Ruth brought in buckeyes. Audrey brought a little box of chocolates in. Spicegirl gave me the cutest snowman ornament she bought at Call of the Wild. I even received Christmas cards from people I don't even work with. I haven't done a single work related thing today, I've been busy running around thanking everyone for their kindness and snacking on their munchies. I have to say, I'm a very lucky person, there are a lot of people out there who have touched my life in a positive way. I can't express how much I appreciate that.

The paperball war has even taken on a holiday flair. Today only, red and green paperballs are flying over the wall. My aim is impeccable these days, I managed to land another paperball in Joes coffee. LOL

8 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

Now that's how it should be. A sweetheart of a person being recognized for what she is, and does. Sounds like you do work with some really nice people. You said you are lucky, they are lucky as well, to be working with you.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Thomas, that was very sweet. :D

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Are the techs men? Because if they are, it explains why none of them mentioned the crumbs. No, not because they didn't notice. It's because it would have meant they were looking at your rack!

Btw, your current google ad is for "Ugh, The Original UGG Site." Go figure!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! Yep, they're men. I'm surprised they didn't offer to brush the crumbs off for me.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Hey, not all men stare at "the rack." There are some unfortunates out there that are blind, wait..they use brail...even better. Never mind, we all stare.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You're right! Even the sight impaired can fall back on braille...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! OMG!! I can see it now, a blind man grabs my chest and tells me "try not to notice hun, but I'm staring at your chest"

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

LOL Sherri - Yes your aim does seem impeccable if you landed it in a coffee cup! If I would even be aiming for such a thing I would probably hit the refridgerator or trash can! (I'm terrible at sports, LOL)

Yes my work has been pleasant as well around these holidays - Although I am on break it is still exciting!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons