My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Holiday Luncheon

We had our holiday luncheon today and I ate way too much. I feel like I'm going to die. RH kept coming around our table and asking how everything was and insisting I go up for different things because 'I can't possibly be full yet'. I could kick his butt. If he wasn't the director of operations, I probably would.

I have to say, I had probably one of the best cookies I have ever eaten in my life. It was a chocolate cookie that kind of looked like a giant hershey's kiss. On the inside, peanut butter! Yummy! I'm going to have to look around and see if I can't find them at Gordon Foods or something. I asked one of the guys who was doing the set up from the catering company and he didn't have a clue.

Now comes the hard part, making it through the rest of the day in my uncomfortable miserable state.

*funny side note: Joe rode his snowmobile to work today and parked it out by the smoking hut. During our lunch, Jim hung a for sale sign on the snowmobile and left my work extension as the contact number. It was discovered when I received a call asking how much I was asking for the sled! LOL

7 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I did that with the tank in front of my American Legion post in Arizona...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Did you get any bites??

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL you should have said it was yours and taken the money from him :D

6:55 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL! That was a good one. Our luncheon is next Tuesday. I like to look at it as;
1) free lunch
2) mixing with people I would never be caught dead with in public
3) watch the company "cockroach" make an ass out of herself in front of our boss, LOL!!!
It will be fun like it or not...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Sounds like you all had some good stuff.

We're having ours tomorrow. We prepared eight turkeys today, injecting them all with various flavors of marinade. We deep fry our turkeys. Only takes about 45 minutes that way. And wow, are they ever good.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Food of the Gods :)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama - company cockroach! LOL I love that.

bryan - mmmmmmm..... deep fried turkey sounds excellent! Have fun!

spider girl - I can't agree more!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons