My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, January 30, 2006

Buried up to his back tires

Headed to work this morning I see a vehicle buried in the snowbank. Chuckling to myself as I approach, I see him standing in the road waving his arms. Mind you, it's still dark out, and I'm still a distance away, I can't tell who it is yet.

I approach slowly, almost rubbing it in, if they had been driving appropriately for the weather conditions this situation would not have happened.

The closer I get, the more familiar the vehicle becomes. Then, it hits me. It's my husband, standing in the center of the road, waving me down, because he has buried his jeep up to the back tires in the snowbank. I roll my window down as I slow to a stop "You look like you could use some help young lady, is that jeep a little bit much to handle?"

I killed his pride, but we laughed so hard. That is the exact phrase he said to me when I first got my jeep. As embarrassing as it is to admit, the first winter I drove my jeep, I must have spun out a million times.

7 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

That would make a very nice short story. You could tie in hte jeep, the marriage, and compare and contrast the two. It could be very good, come to think of it...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I remember (I lived in a ski area) driving around pulling people out of the snow and charging them $50 a pop. I used to laugh when I saw the NYC plates and their BMWs or the Mercedes with no snow tires in a blizzard. After we pulled them out they would inevitabley start zooming down the road and do it again and we would charge them $50 again. If they refused to pay we would tell them they could stay there and wait for the next person to come along and pull them out. Yes we were mean, but we made a killing! I was an evil teen!!!
Glad your hubby flagged you!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm going to keep that story idea in mind, it is an excellent idea. First, I have to finish the one I started..... Ugh! I hate the fact that I can't finish things I start sometimes!

big mama, that's so evil! And, yet it's funny at the same time! :D

3:40 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Hilarious...and then you sped off, didnt you!!!!

12:25 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

ah.. sweet justice.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I grew up in S.D. and I remember that snow driving. I'm glad I don't get too much of that here.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I used to laugh my ass off at the Californians discovering their first Arizona high-desert snowstorm...

Sounds familiar...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons