My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Legend of JW

(Name withheld to protect identity)

JW is the type of man every woman has been warned about. Womanizing, rough and tough, gold blinding you in the sunlight, this man sends up red flags everywhere. He's also one man you never forget once you have met him. Coming from Miami Florida, he is the absolute stereo type right down to the tanned leather skin and flashy Hawaiian shirts. I cringe thinking about the time he sat with Charlie and I at the bar and told me all about his lingerie businesses and how much money there is in sex.

Why is it that the most derelict of men are perceived to be idols by other men? I'll never get it. My husband falls into the category of men that live vicariously through men like JW. It disturbs me a little.

Last night, like usual, my husband is late getting home from work. It was around 9:00 when he walked through the door, grinning, already beginning to tell me tales of JW. He had spent the last several hours with his boss, one of his coworkers, and JW at some bar getting rowdy, apparently.

So, here I am, feeling like crap, sitting at the counter, listening to my husband as he recounts the tale of JW and the gun fight he was in at some seedy location in Miami. JW is hiding behind a dumpster, 2 men are in a car, both shooting at each other. JW runs out of bullets, his gun clicks, and one of the men from the car get out and start walking toward him, probably in route to kill him. Little does he know JW has put 2 more bullets in his gun, JW raises the gun and shoots him in the head. He killed a man!

I was horrified! My husband is sitting here smiling and telling me this story of a gun fight and killing, and he is portraying this guy like he's some kind of hero. In my mind, I know he was in a seedy section of Miami for probably only one reason, and that would be drugs of some kind. I don't know any details, nor can I actually state that as fact, but it is something I strongly feel.

Hero, JW is not.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Who are you trying to protect? John Wayne? John Wu? Jack White? Joe Wachowski? John Boy Walton? Such mystery!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

He probably wears his shirts with the open neck and 50 gold chains too!! Yuck!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

That is scary...Guns are only an extention of a man's penis, or lack thereof...

9:39 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

He sounds like a Don Johnson wannabe, and that in and of itself is scary. That kind of guy I would dismiss and dislike upon first meeting him. I would question the truth of his stories, things usually aren't as clean as a Hollwyood movie, and then I would question a man that would tell me things that are just pure and simple ways in which he thinks he can elevate his testosterone status. I am guessing he also gives details on his sexual escapades, aaarrrrgggghhhhh. Uckkie...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Jessica, mystery adds spice to life! :D

crazy me, you are right on the money! I did forget to mention the blinding white teeth too, he must spend a fortune of tooth whitening.

seahag, it is definitely scary. I was 19 when I first met this guy, right in front of my mother he asked me if I was a good lay. Ugh!! What a slime.

casually me, Don Johnson wanna be, he definitely is. What's worse, he's like 51 years old now, good grief, it's time to give up that fantasy.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

All I can really say about this guy is he'd last about 30 seconds with his bullshit with me.

I can't stand people like that, and from experience, those of us who've ACTUALLY been on a two-way rifle or pistol range really don't like talking about it.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons